Havanese Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my opinion, the Havanese breed is the most beautiful of the dog breeds. They come in just about every dog color you will ever see. They are photogenic but a lot of that comes from the individual skill of their photographer/owner. We have some very talented photographers on this Forum!

Havanese are just natural "people magnets." Take them anywhere in public and they draw a crowd. They tend to love the attention, the petting, and the "oohs and ahs." They are social extroverts! I took Ricky with me to Home Depot in a shopping cart when he was about one year old. Inside, a biker guy, covered in tattoos, chains, and full beard, approached me and asked if he could hold Ricky. I reluctantly said "yes, BUT YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL!" (brave me). He was very gentle and Ricky was fascinated by him. Ricky loved smelling his beard - there must have been some good leftovers in there! Biker guy was smitten! He said, "Sir, would you like to sell him to me?" I said no he wasn't for sale at any price and I meant it. He said he just had to have "one of those kind of dogs." He gently put Ricky back in my cart and went on his way and we continued shopping...with a big sigh of relief. And then we were approached by a family with three small children wanting to know what aisle they were selling those dogs on 😄 ...it never ends!

You now own a photogenic, lovable Havanese. You're now going to have to learn how to deal with it!
I am still an expectant mother. At the moment, I have no idea how long my wait is but everyday I get more excited as if the news is imminent. (It's not. Don't care!) I love your story and it made me chuckle. I can't wait to be able to tell my own puppy fawning stories!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts