Havanese Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marley is the love of my life. It wasn’t until we went to the vet for his second physical and the vet weighed him and he was 30 lbs that I thought WTF?
I chose the Havanese because I’m getting older, and I always say, “Dogs are like carry on luggage. If you can’t pick it up, you shouldn’t have it.”

·
Registered
358 Posts
Marley is adorable! I have never met a 30 lb Havanese; my 9 yo is 17 lbs (he’s both tall—13.5” at the shoulder, so a full inch over the standard— and has always had a much heavier bone structure than my very petite puppy). How big/how old was Marley when you got him?

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Welcome to you and Marley! He sure is a cutie! 🥰

·
Arf! Arf! Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Marley is the love of my life. It wasn’t until we went to the vet for his second physical and the vet weighed him and he was 30 lbs that I thought WTF?
I chose the Havanese because I’m getting older, and I always say, “Dogs are like carry on luggage. If you can’t pick it up, you shouldn’t have it.”
Wait, you are missing an opportunity here! At Marley's size, hook a harness up to Marley and use him as a sled dog! "Mush Marley, Mush!" Very useful for carrying groceries into the house. And there is more of him to love. 🥰

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait, you are missing an opportunity here! At Marley's size, hook a harness up to Marley and use him as a sled dog! "Mush Marley, Mush!" Very useful for carrying groceries into the house. And there is more of him to love. 🥰
While Marley has almost too much to love, pulling a sled would be well below his self perceived station. He doesn’t pull, he is carried.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
While Marley has almost too much to love, pulling a sled would be well below his self perceived station. He doesn’t pull, he is carried.
LOL! ❤

1 - 14 of 14 Posts