Havanese Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people have their puppy or puppies microchipped? At what age was your puppy when you got it done and where did you get it done?My vet doesn't do it because she says it interferes with Acupuncture which she does. However, she did recommend other vets that do it. Actually, did anyone ever get it done at a Hav health clinic? I think I noticed in our local club that when they check CERF etc they have a vet available for microchips.

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
My two are done, they both had it done during their spay/nueter surgery. They don't have to be under to have it done though, as I understand.
Beverly

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
I microchip my puppies before they go home.
All my other dogs I had microchipped also.
It's a large shot, some of them yelp, some don't. It's over in a second and doesn't seem to bother them at all!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I dropped Logan off at the vets today for his snip snip = I was soooo sad. He looked so pathetic lookin up at me wondering where I was going. He will be mincrochipped while he is under, just like I did both girls when they were spayed. It is just an extra measure of protection.,
Laurie

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
I witnessed both my boys get microchipped- and they didn't even know it happened. Jasper had his done by the breeder as we were signing papers at 8 weeks. And Cash was done by the Vet at 12 weeks. Neither of them even squirmed.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,356 Posts
Bugsy was micrhochipped during one of his routine shots when I got him. at our vet's. Romeo and Brandy were not microchipped yet, but I am going to get it done at Petfood Express (our local chain store) when they have their weekly vet clinics. They offer microchihpping as well as routine shots. My hubby is very sceptical about the effectivness of microchipping. He doesn't believe that anyone will want to return a puppy as cute as Bugsy.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Ricky is also m/chipped. The breeder had it done when they were tiny and also said it is like nothing... maybe like a mosquito bite - if that! Sammy is also m/chipped and it was done after he arrived in Canada, but I'm not sure how old he was.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Oreo was microchipped by his breeder, so I didn't have to worry about getting it done. But if I did have to make that decision I would. Its a great help if, heaven forbid, our little ones get lost, there is a much better chance to locate them and bring them back home :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi got his microchip was he was neutered. Shelby is being spayed on Wednesday, and she will get her chip as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bella was micro chipped by the vet the day we collected her and her puppy passport was written up with all her vacinations etc; it was a simple procedure and the wee lamb didn't even squeal. It is the law over here in Spain that all dogs are microchipped and it is in your best interests in case they ever get lost or stolen. Also can anyone advise me when I should get Bella spayed. Where our house is being built there are quite a few dogs and I would hate her to be "caught" by one of them. Sasha was spayed after her first season and has not had any problems but I have since heard that, that is not "good" for the dogs...any advice.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Jaz, you might want to check out the thread we have on neutering... here...

http://www.havaneseforum.com/showthread.php?t=472

You might find some good advice there. If not, post a question there and someone will no doubt be able to lend a hand. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts