Havanese Forum banner

Musher’s Wax

969 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LWalks 
#1 ·
Someone on here recently mentioned Musher’s Wax for snow and salt, and I got some. We are up in the Sierras this week and there is TONS of snow. We take the dogs snowshoeing and cross country skiing. I’ve tried with booties, but Charlie in particular won’t have it (he just stands there looking pathetic and won’t move). The first day we went out, I forgot to put it on, and the snow balls and ice balls were almost instantaneous. Charlie doesn’t liken having anything stuck to him and was totally done after a few minutes and made us carry him back to the car, where we turned the heater on full blast and thawed them before going home 😂

Yesterday, I remembered the wax and NO little snow or ice balls between their toes. Same with today. Plus, I’m not worried about them walking in the sand/salt gunk that’s all over the roads and sidewalks, because they have this protective coating, and you can wipe or wash it off when you get home.

Here are some pics from our adventure today, which they loved, versus Sunday thawing ice balls in the car!
Snow Light Plant Branch Asphalt

Sky Snow Dog Tree Slope

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door Comfort

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh i think it might have been me! I have a jar of musher’s wax from Piper’s first winter last year and it worked great protecting her from snowballs and salted city streets!

And I’m sooo jealous of the great snow pictures!! They must’ve had so much fun! Mine loves snow but sadly we havent had any nyc this year =(

#5 ·
I bought some this year, but I’ve only tried it a couple of times. Worf couldn’t care less about snow between his toes. We’re back in a frigid cold snap this week -12F feels like -35F with windchill, so he’s back in boots which he hates and cause matting 😭. My lazy neighbours use ice melt on snow, which does nothing, so I should make using the wax a habit.

#6 ·
Omg I don’t envy you that weather! Meanwhile everyone here in the SF Bay Area everyone is freaking out that it might go below freezing tomorrow. Worf sounds like my girl— she LOVES the snow and couldn’t care less— but my older guy is much more sensitive. Thankfully they didn’t mind the musher’s wax and it seemed to protect them pretty well from both the ice and the nasty stuff they used on the streets which was a way bigger concern for me! ☃

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.