Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooper, my 1 year old Havanese, and I walk about 2 miles each morning with our neighbor and her Westie. Now that our weather is, shall we say, "chilly", Cooper is having some trouble getting "cold paws", or sometimes salt in the pads of his feet. Often, I end up having to pick him up and carry him for a bit while his paws warm up or we get the salt out. I have tried some of the cheaper boots from the local pet store, but they seem to slip right off him. In searching the Hav boards from the past, I've noticed that some people recommended the Muttluks. What are your thoughts currently? What about the Hott Doggers - on the Muttluks website? Any other advice to share? Thanks!!

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
Piper was having problems with the salt irritating her feet to the point that we couldn't walk on sidewalks. I did alot of research and decided on the Neopaws. They are really good boots and the service was excellent. They take a little longer to put on but I think it's worth it if you go on long walks. You can either measure yourself or trace their paws and fax it in. Piper got small boots for the front paws and xs+ for the back paws (and they are helpfully labeled for left/right). The boots were sent the same day and arrived in 4 days from Canada. Here are some pictures of Piper with her boots.

www.neopaws.com

Attachments

·
LINDA
6,496 Posts
I tried these, but my dogs either would move, or walked like this.
This is a video of my sisters dog wearing Muttluks.

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
I tried these, but my dogs either would move, or walked like this.
This is a video of my sisters dog wearing Muttluks]
hahahahaha! that looks familiar.
Piper doesn't love the boots either but I had no choice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We use the Neopaws boots for both of our guys - once you get used to putting them on, it is a bit easier, but it is still a drag to put on 8 boots, 4 times a day! But we have to as the salt makes it impossible to walk them otherwise. Initially, if you use lots of treats while putting the boots on, and just leave them on for a short time, gradually increasing the time, they will get used to them. Ours walk a bit funny inside, but once outside in the fresh air, fresh smells, etc. they are distracted and trot along just fine. They even run and play with no problems.

·
Jacqueline
1,090 Posts
awesome video Linda! made my day (sad but true).

I've thought about getting booties too, but I'm worried Ollie won't just take them off.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Linda that video is histerical!!

Piper's hair has grown so since I saw her last!! Which was a while ago I might add : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts