Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog Max is 7 months old and his tall has the "flag" look I guess. It is like a perfect 90 degree angle and where it bends it feels like a nuckle. but it faces away from his head. It kinda gives him personailty lol it reminds me of a flag you put on the back of a bike. haha. But does anyone else have a puppy with a tail like that? I thought their tails always go towards their head

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vet never mentioned it on any of the visits but he was small and it wasn't as noticable. Now that he is older it gew out some. He isn't due for his shots untill June and I am not sure If it is worth taking him in for, he is a very healthy and energetic dog. I will post a picture when I get home from work in a few hours.

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
wonder if it's broken or was broken and set that way??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See that's what we thought maybe it broke as a puppy and healed that way? It doesn't seem to bother him though.

·
2,550 Posts
Did you get him as a puppy and, if so, has his tail always been that way? If so, maybe it was broken while at the breeders. I'd check with the breeder. I, too, think it looks as though it was broken at one time and healed in that position.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,954 Posts
I agree, it looks like it was broken and healed funny. I might not have been so obvious when he was little and his tail was shorter. In any case, as long as it doesn't bother him, (and it doesn't sound like it does!) it won't interfere in the least with being the fun, loving puppy that you love! :)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Does he wiggle it? I wounder when that could have happened? Glad he doesn't even know. He is a sweet looking Havanese.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Aww, poor little guy, it's sad that it got broken, if it hurt him. Now, though, he's over it, and it sounds like he's a happy healthy little doggie. And a cutie! I like that you can see it as adding to his personality and individuality. He can't even see it, so if you're happy he'll be happy! :D. I'd probably want to know how it happened, though, just to fill in the blanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with the others, looks like it was broken at some stage. Could have happened when he was very young and the breeder didn't notice. These things happen. As long as it's not bothering him :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Max looks so much like Maccabee looked at that age. . . except Maccabee's tail bends forward, not backward.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts