Havanese Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Poo. I'd love to go, but I don't think we could possibly get away at that time because of school, fall baseball, oh yeah, our business, etc.
Double Poo.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Im going to book my trip tomorrow morning. AA has tickets for $293.
Im looking forward to it. I will only be able to take one dog, so I guess Ill take Stogie. I probably wont enter him, unless I decide I need the exercise!
Anything helps at this point! HAHA.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
It's only an hour and a half from our house. Pam is showing Razzle and I'm showing Posh. I guess we'll stay there since I'm chair of the grounds committee. The hard part is finding someone to look after the dogs here. Both children will be away in school. We have someone to look after the horses but he's scared of the dogs.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tami, he is scared of the number of HAVS! HAHA Did you see the poll???

If fourteen Havs came running at me, I may be a tad bit afraid also!
HAHA

You need a house sitter Tom. I had no idea you were close to Virgina. I thought you lived near Jan.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
He's a big guy that weighs about 265 and is strong as a bull. He's worked for me for about 10 years. It took probably 6 or 7 years before he would get close to the horses. Now he's friends with all of them and knows how to take care of them while we are away. We had someone else who helped us with the dogs but she graduated from High School and is off to college this fall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
National

We're going to go, but like you I haven't made reservations with the airlines yet. I booked the hotel room a couple of months ago though

Melissa Miller said:
Who all is going to the National Specialty? I think I am in.
I have not made reservations though. I think I may leave the pups at home, I could only bring one anyway.

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
I am! I am!
I am going with no dogs. I went last year without a dog and I really enjoyed myself.
I hope to meet all of you!

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I am also going sans dogs. Last year I went with Tinky and we were so busy the whole time. It was so rewarding though. She and I made it all the way until the final cut (last seven bitches). I loved doing it all, but I was so worn out. This year, I want to watch, scrutinize dogs (read: evaluate potential studs), meet as many people as possible and enjoy the time without grooming.

See you all in a couple of weeks!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Someone doesnt want me to go to Nationals.
Im convinced. Yesterday my doctor told me I couldnt go because of my
spider bite. Then I had to go to a second doctor who was treating it, and she told me I could go if I was careful.

Then today I pack the car, and it is POURING. Call the airlines, everything is on time. Go to the airport at 730am, my flight has been cancelled.
They cant get me on a flight until 6pm. I checked my bags and come back home.

Maybe I will get there, we will see! Stogie was glad it was a flase alarm that he was going to get on a plane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts