Havanese Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Yes, it really jumped this year, especially since not much changed last year (at least not in my division and a few others I checked). Our division now requires five males for a major, which will be nearly impossible most of the year with the number of males that have been showing out here (usually two, sometimes as many as four, rarely five).

On one hand, it is good because it is going to be harder for the out-of-standard dogs to finish. On the other hand, it may take some of the less flashy dogs a whole lot more time to reach their championships.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
We knew it was coming but I think we got off light. For one, I'm glad to see it since it will help to eliminate so many dogs finishing by getting majors in small shows that otherwise wouldn't finish. Havanese have been "all over the place" in the ring from day one. Hopefully it will help people realize that the dogs have to fit the standard to be worth putting them in the ring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi forum! I'm new to this forum, point schedule has changed in our area too, (Colorado) Guess we'll just have to get more havanese to show! Five for a major doesn't seem like that many to me, my other breed is Afghans, takes 13 to make a major!
Marti
www.havanesehappenings.com

·
Registered
518 Posts
This is because so many people show pet quality Havanese. I bet if we took a poll, half the fancy couldn't tell us off the top of their heads ....specifically.....how to evaluate a puppy for show quality and how to evaluate a grown dog for conformation.

I'm jus sayin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts