Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Arf! Arf!
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, D-Day (Departure Day 😢and start of Devotion Day 🥰) is quickly approaching for @LeleRF . I have a clue what her first name is, but I Googled RF and can find nothing that makes any sense. So I think it is time for Lele to create a new screen name. It is easy to do, just send a request to the Forum owner and ask for your USER NAME to be changed. I know from experience they will do it for you lickity dog spit!

Let's make some suggestions for Lele to consider. My entry is CHASIN' CHASE. I know some of you can come up with something better than that!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, D-Day (Departure Day 😢and start of Devotion Day 🥰) is quickly approaching for @LeleRF . I have a clue what her first name is, but I Googled RF and can find nothing that makes any sense. So I think it is time for Lele to create a new screen name. It is easy to do, just send a request to the Forum owner and ask for your USER NAME to be changed. I know from experience they will do it for you lickity dog spit!

Let's make some suggestions for Lele to consider. My entry is CHASEN' CHASE. I know some of you can come up with something better than that!
Indeed that day is coming quickly, Popi, and is now less than a week away! Eeeeee, exciting times here for us! 😍🥳🤩

So LeLe is an old nickname for my full name Lena. I do think I’d like to keep it but it would be fun to hear suggestions! “Chasen’ Chase“ would be right up there, and no doubt that will actually apply at some point (only in the safe playtimes of course!). My next step is to make a daily schedule to keep track of feeding, playtimes, training, clean-up. It’s a team effort for sure for the new baby!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,954 Posts
Indeed that day is coming quickly, Popi, and is now less than a week away! Eeeeee, exciting times here for us! 😍🥳🤩

So LeLe is an old nickname for my full name Lena. I do think I’d like to keep it but it would be fun to hear suggestions! “Chasen’ Chase“ would be right up there, and no doubt that will actually apply at some point (only in the safe playtimes of course!). My next step is to make a daily schedule to keep track of feeding, playtimes, training, clean-up. It’s a team effort for sure for the new baby!
This is ONE baby that doesn't need much "chasin'"... "Trip Hazard" is more like it... if he"s not in the pen, he's RIGHT under your feet! LOL!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
This is ONE baby that doesn't need much "chasin'"... "Trip Hazard" is more like it... if he"s not in the pen, he's RIGHT under your feet! LOL!
Ok, so I guess IF we ever get another one, that will have to be on my list of screening questions for a new puppy "How likely will he be to get out of the way instead of tripping me" :). I'm very lucky, Perry likes to be close, but he's super good at moving out of your way (unlike Uncle Duncan (scotty) who is constantly under foot, but who will NOT move so you get used to stepping over/ around him ... or cousin Finley who won't move UNTIL you start to step around/ over him thereby being even MORE of a tripping hazard!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,954 Posts
Ok, so I guess IF we ever get another one, that will have to be on my list of screening questions for a new puppy "How likely will he be to get out of the way instead of tripping me" :). I'm very lucky, Perry likes to be close, but he's super good at moving out of your way (unlike Uncle Duncan (scotty) who is constantly under foot, but who will NOT move so you get used to stepping over/ around him ... or cousin Finley who won't move UNTIL you start to step around/ over him thereby being even MORE of a tripping hazard!
LOL! Well, when they are a little bigger, I don't make much effort to watch out for them... It is THEIR responsibility to watch out for feet. But as babies... It's still time t be watching out for them! 💕

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
LOL! Well, when they are a little bigger, I don't make much effort to watch out for them... It is THEIR responsibility to watch out for feet. But as babies... It's still time t be watching out for them! 💕
When I was researching what breed to get and had decided on a small breed rather than staying with medium size ones like I'd had in the past (I really love Dalmatians but (1) size makes it difficult to travel - always in the plane hold which means a lot of stress on me and planning time of year etc we can fly and (2)shedding!! that's the worst - Dals shed constantly all year long. I had inside clothes and outside clothes and still had short white hairs on everything!), the main criteria included (1)no more than 12-13 pounds (so they'd stay under 8kg including the travel carrier) (2)not yippy and (3) if I tripped over them I wouldn't break them (aka sturdy little dog) :). The one time I tripped over Perry (in the dark and he didn't get out of the way) - he sounded like I'd broken him, but he was fine ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Keeper will literally watch your foot come down on him and not move. His need to be near is so strong that he’s often underfoot. But haven’t hurt him yet - which is good. A loud Yelp, followed by more underfoot shenanigans.

Melissa, that was part of my research too into breeds. Small breed that I wouldn’t break if accidentally stepped on. Lol.

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Keeper will literally watch your foot come down on him and not move. His need to be near is so strong that he’s often underfoot. But haven’t hurt him yet - which is good. A loud Yelp, followed by more underfoot shenanigans.
That's my Mom's scotty - he's constantly right there, if not underfoot then definitely in your path. Lucky for me, Perry wants to be where he can see everything that's going on and where you are, but stays out of the way (his favorite place in the kitchen is under the table where he can see everything in the room but be out of the way). I can probably count on 1 hand (and have fingers left) the number of times that I've even slightly stepped on him - and at least one of those times was because I veered slightly to the side suddenly and he didn't have a chance to move (I just caught his foot slightly - though you could never have guessed by the amount of noise he made!)

Melissa, that was part of my research too into breeds. Small breed that I wouldn’t break if accidentally stepped on. Lol.
Having spent time with my mom's scotty before I got Perry and knowing how often he is underfoot, that was a major concern of mine! I assumed it was going to be inevitable that he'd be underfoot all the time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts