Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming in to introduce myself. We already have a 5 year old Maltese at home and we're now waiting for his little Havanese brother to join us.

I've attached pictures from birth to an updated photo at 4 weeks old. Any idea what the color will end up? He's already lightened up quite a bit since being born all black with little white feet.

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
He' a cutie! Do you mean he's lightened up in other areas or just the facial markings and on his legs? If it is only in these areas, he is probably what is known as a "tricolor". He will probably be mostly black, with the white markings, and the tan markings will fade to whitish as he matures. He will have adorable EYEBROWS!!! <3

Reactions: Mikki and ShamaMama

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He' a cutie! Do you mean he's lightened up in other areas or just the facial markings and on his legs? If it is only in these areas, he is probably what is known as a "tricolor". He will probably be mostly black, with the white markings, and the tan markings will fade to whitish as he matures. He will have adorable EYEBROWS!!! <3
Facial markings and his legs have definitely changed since we saw him 2 weeks ago. The two attached pictures are the only update that we have from the breeder, so we haven't seen the "rest" of him. I look forward to watching the changes and YES! on the eyebrows.

·
Member (Teresa)
1,045 Posts
Changing colors indeed

What a precious little angel❣
Jodie will be 2 tomorrow so I thought I'd give you a little time line&#55357;&#56843;

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
What a precious little angel❣
Jodie will be 2 tomorrow so I thought I'd give you a little time line��
Except that this puppy shows no lightening around the eyes, (at least not yet!) which is where silvering starts. So I'm not guessing silver, at least not double silver like Jodie, on this one!

What color are the parents?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Except that this puppy shows no lightening around the eyes, (at least not yet!) which is where silvering starts. So I'm not guessing silver, at least not double silver like Jodie, on this one!

What color are the parents?
Good question, I haven't seen the parents so I don't know. Unfortunately, the breeder doesn't have their pictures up on their primitive site.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Good question, I haven't seen the parents so I don't know. Unfortunately, the breeder doesn't have their pictures up on their primitive site.
You could always ask for pictures... Or if you have the parent's names, look them up on Havanese Gallery.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
He's adorable! Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts