Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I thought to register here and ask around about breeders in Southern California (or perhaps farther afield—I suspect that my family could do some traveling for a pup), though it turns out I’ve actually been here before, more than ten years ago.

I miss my Sam a great deal; he left a dog-shaped hole in my family that we are ready to fill once more. I hope that the collective wisdom here can help me and my family find and contact breeders to check out. I am disabled and can’t drive, though my family members can, so traveling to meet a breeder should be OK. We are all either retired or unable to work, so a Havanese would never want for company, pets, walks, or snuggles. And of course we had Sam, so we’re familiar with the pros and cons of Havanese.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any help you all may offer. In the mean time, I’ll share a picture of my late Bestest Boy.
Hair Head Dog Eye Dog breed

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Awww, sorry for your loss of Sam, and your description of a "dog-shaped hole" is DO perfect! I am sure every person here can understand! 💕 I'm on the opposite coast, so not much use in your search, but welcome back to the Forum!

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im so sorry for your loss, and Sam is just adorable. I would highly recommend Ohana Havanese. The owner, Lisa, is also the president of the Southern CA Havanese club and will be able to recommend additional local breeders!
I just sent a message on her website, thank you very much! I’ll ask her about other breeders when she gets back to me, sounds like the perfect person to ask.

Welcome and sorry for your loss of Sam. We went through that with our Lotus on 2/18/22. I never will be "over it" but have learned to cope. Having another wonderful Havanese (Ellie Bea) certainly helps.
Oh no, my condolence! It’s been nearly a year since we lost Sam, and I still miss him, though I don’t see him out of the corner of my eye much anymore. The little fuzzballs really take a bit of our hearts with them, don’t they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts