Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here's another, "things don't always go as planned" story! We weren't planning to get a puppy until the Fall, but, as these things tend to do, everything just fell perfectly into place and we ended up bringing home our little hav boy this morning! He's such a doll. He's got a little bit of a chop job on his hair in the front because the breeder's grandson decided to "help" with the grooming! He's asleep right now, but he's had a busy day so far! Besides playing, eating, meeting the kitten, and playing a little more, we also made a trip to the pet store together! I can already tell that he's going to bring us so much joy.

Can't believe I forgot to post his name... it's Frosty!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

·
MacGyver's Mom
503 Posts
Congratulations! The same thing happened to us last year. We planned to get a puppy in the fall but serendipity stepped in, and we got MacGyver at the beginning of July. It made for a crazy but great summer!

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I just sent you an email, but I had to come over and see if you had other photos posted here too. He's so stinkin' cute!

Congratulations aak! I'm very happy for you. :D

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Congratulation, What a cutiepie:) Does he have a name yet?:)

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Great News!I'm happy for you!Welcome Frosty!You are a real cutie!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Frosty is a cute name and he looks adorable! Oh my, those tiny puppy legs and bounce across the floor..... I remember it like it was yesterday. :) You are in for some fun times, some work too, but it's all worth it in the end knowing you'll have a happy family member for a long while to come. Enjoy!!

Yes, we'd love to hear more if you get the time..... :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here's the story, for those of you who asked. I had been talking to a couple breeders, getting on their lists for their fall litters. One of them happened to mention that she knew a good breeder who she *thought* lived in my town and had a puppy available. I ended up calling her and talking with her, and she said she didn't know exactly when she'd have puppies again, but that she was going to repeat this particular breeding that she had just done and then she wouldn't be breeding again for 2 years. So we basically decided that if we wanted one of hers (and we really did, because how often do you find a reputable breeder who does all the health testing, owns both the sire and the dam (who are both champions), really clicks with you, *and* lives 10 miles away?!), we should probably take one now, because we wouldn't want to have to wait 2 years if something happened with the one last breeding she was planning. There were two problems- first was that wehadn't saved up all our pennies yet, since we weren't planning to get a puppy until the Fall, and second was that we had already planned a non-dog-friendly vacation this summer. I talked to the breeder and she agreed to a payment plan, and also said she would love to puppy-sit while we're on vacation in the summer. By then I realized that the fates were aligning..haha..so we went ahead and met with her on Thursday and played with both of the available puppies. We picked up our little guy this morning! He will be 14 weeks on Monday. He's doing great so far, considering what a big change this day has brought in his little life! We all love him so much already. :) Thanks for letting me share our story!

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
(and we really did, because how often do you find a reputable breeder who does all the health testing, owns both the sire and the dam (who are both champions), really clicks with you, *and* lives 10 miles away?!),
I'm nodding in agreement with you! After our talk and e-mails, I'm so glad that you and Frosty were able to meet. It sounds like an excellent match for both of you, aak! The kids are going to be in heeeeeeaaaaven with you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhh yeah, my older son is in L-O-V-E! Frosty did a little runlikeheck, and I don't think I've ever seen my son laugh so hard. He thought it was hilarious. My younger son...well, he got scared by a couple yelps on the way home, and then Frosty took a liking to his special elephant stuffed animal and tried to snatch it a couple of times. So Frosty hasn't made too many points with him yet..haha However, he's been running around saying, "Dog! Dog!" all day, so I think there's hope. ;)

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,362 Posts
Congratulations on your new puppy. He is so adorable!!!! Your kid are goig to be soooo happy with their new little buddy.

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
Great story....glad it worked out for you and the puppy sitting over the summer vacation is a great benefit. Congrats to you all...

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Congratulations on your new pup Frosty!! That is such wonderful news :) I went away for a weekend and I can't believe how much I missed!!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Aak, I love your story and agree that you just HAD to jump at the chance! It sounds perfect. :)

The RLH game brings the kid out in you, I've noticed. You just sit there and laugh like mad, the kids get a huge kick out of it too no matter what age they are.

I know you'll all be enjoying all the fun things Frosty does ..... in spite of the sometimes 'naughty' things. ;) It's all part of the package.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts