Havanese Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Bella looks to be a chocolate color with Parti or Extreme Parti markings. I can't really see if she has any brown on her body from that angle.
I agree. But I assume she is a pet and will not be bred or shown. So it really doesn't matter if Bella's Mama didn't get it exactly right. Most breeders register the puppies themselves, or AT LEAST fill this information in for the buyer, just because a pet buyer is not going to know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bella looks to be a chocolate color with Parti or Extreme Parti markings. I can't really see if she has any brown on her body from that angle.
I agree. But I assume she is a pet and will not be bred or shown. So it really doesn't matter if Bella's Mama didn't get it exactly right. Most breeders register the puppies themselves, or AT LEAST fill this information in for the buyer, just because a pet buyer is not going to know.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
I think something is going wrong with your responses... You are quoting our posts, but then we can't see your response to the quotes! Can you go back in, dit, (those little dots in the upper right hand corner) and say what you had in mind to say? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
She’s definitely a pet. The breeder did not fill it out and I’m just curious because there were too many options for me to understand. As a chocolate, will her eyes most likely stay blue? “Aerial” view of markings:
Dog Window Carnivore Dog breed Floor

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Yes, she is a chocolate parti. Her eyes should not be blue if she were a show dog, and that would be a DQ for the show ring. HOWEVER, there is NOTHING physically wrong with her because her eyes are blue. it's just a "breed rule for the showing and breeding". She is still a LOVELY pet! This is one of the tough things about breeding chocolates. If you ant to try to breed chocolates and ALSO show them, it is REALLY hard to not have puppies that show up that have eyes that are too light and/or pigment that is too light, and MOST of them have coats that fade to a much paler color over time (although THAT is not a DQ for the show ring, it it just less desirable)

Your girl is ADORABLE, her blue eyes make her distinctive, they are not a health problem at all, and are probably part of the reason she was made available to you as a pet puppy. Enjoy her! 💕

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
She’s definitely a pet. The breeder did not fill it out and I’m just curious because there were too many options for me to understand. As a chocolate, will her eyes most likely stay blue? “Aerial” view of markings:
Truffles had blue eyes when she was puppy. I think the color of her eyes started to change around six months to dark amber. It will be interesting to see if Bella's eye color changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, she is a chocolate parti. Her eyes should not be blue if she were a show dog, and that would be a DQ for the show ring. HOWEVER, there is NOTHING physically wrong with her because her eyes are blue. it's just a "breed rule for the showing and breeding". She is still a LOVELY pet! This is one of the tough things about breeding chocolates. If you ant to try to breed chocolates and ALSO show them, it is REALLY hard to not have puppies that show up that have eyes that are too light and/or pigment that is too light, and MOST of them have coats that fade to a much paler color over time (although THAT is not a DQ for the show ring, it it just less desirable)

Your girl is ADORABLE, her blue eyes make her distinctive, they are not a health problem at all, and are probably part of the reason she was made available to you as a pet puppy. Enjoy her! 💕

Truffles had blue eyes when she was puppy. I think the color of her eyes started to change around six months to dark amber. It will be interesting to see if Bella's eye color changes.
I am curious as well. My husband called her eyes green yesterday. 😉 I’ve spent a lot of time on the forum this weekend and I’m learning a lot thanks to everyone’s comments.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Interesting. That is really late for them to change. Just as with human babies, there is often a blue caste to the eyes of newborns, but it goes away quite quickly. Normally by the time they go to their forever homes. Then again, my hazel-eyed son had blue eyes until he was almost 2, so I know that occasionally human children change really late too!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts