Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a trick I taught Skiver that I probably shouldn't have:eek:

I was going around trying to clean my house with pup in tow, changing out the trash bags in the bedrooms and bathrooms. I thought, hey, he can help, so I told him to grab the handle of the bag I just took out and showed him how to drag the trash to the kitchen where we took it out to the trash. He did such a good job!! Welllll....now he wants to drag every trash bag he sees, whether it's still in the trash can and needs to be taken out or not. (sigh).

Be careful what you teach these little guys, they are way too smart!!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
LOL ! Ah yes .. I can just picture the wee one trying to 'help' you out, Mom! ;)

One thing I read that really sticks with me and it's something I have to keep reminding family and visitors is - don't allow your cute pup to do something you wouldn't want him doing as an adult!

It is just SO tempting to let the 8, 10 or 15 week-old puppy chew your hair or nibble your fingers, sit on your lap while you have dinner or ride in the car w/o being tied down securely... among a ton of other things! Then all of a sudden, at 4, 6 or 12 months you decide 'Nope, you can't do those things anymore! Not allowed!' Ummmm..... uh.... :confused: poor little guy is totally confused! LOL

Anyway, it sure is sweet and adorable but you can nip this in the bud rather easily because Skiver is still so young AND smart!

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
wow Jolynn, Skiver has come a long way from the beginning-- no more coccidia? and no more cough? I am so glad he is with you. he was meant to be your little trash pup. LOL

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like that...my little trash pup. LOL
Today we are going to the groomers for the first time, should be fun.

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Joanne, I am so gald you finally get to do something fun with your puppy today, I will be thinking of you, lets us know how it goes

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Nice new avatar of Skiver :) That is truly good advice about not teaching them what we don't want them doing when they are adults. Good luck with the groomer - He's going to look so fluffy and cute when he's done! I have given Oreo baths personally and I love, I mean LOVE how soft and shiny he is after ward. He is getting more and more rambunctious so when I brush/comb, trim his nails/pads, I really have to do it in a "matter-of-fact" way. He is so funny afterwards though because he does his "run-like-hell" exercise right after ;)

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
When I bathe Yoda he does the same thing run like he is a crazy dog jumping from one piece of furniture to the other all over the house .LOL

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
You want to see some Havs having fun after a bath? Here's a great one of a black Havanese, Caillee, enjoying herself after finally getting the bath over with: http://www.prettyinpinkdogs.com/

Scroll down until you see: Saturday, January 27, 2007
Wet Dog Fun: Look at ME!

It's too funny! :D

marj

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Cute, really cute. They are hilarious, they are so quiet during the combing, bath and dry, then all of a sudden is like this burst of energy, or all that they were calmly withholding for our sakes, and then "wham" the run-like-hell episode. Too funny, we have a blast :)

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
We laugh so hard at Yoda with his engery from hell after bath we have tears in our eyes. If we only new why they do this including other breeds too lol maybe its that there skin feels so good its like getting a really good scratch in who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts