Havanese Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been replying to threads here and there throughout the forum, but thought I'd make an official 'I'm new here' thread! :)

Thank you to Melissa for reminding me, via a large list, that this forum was here. I'd been before, admired the pictures and might even have posted, but it was over a month ago, so it's nice to return and get to know more of you.

I'm Marj, a SAHM of 3 (almost 17, 15 and 12), with 2 cats and a great hubby who finally relented and agreed to get a dog! ;) Ricky came into our home mid-Sept. and is such a sweetie, smart as a whip and a true joy to hav! Housebreaking has been challenging, but not always and we had some great weeks where things were going very well, but ... Ricky is still not totally trustworthy and since he's only 6 mths. old we are patient and hoping this will be a thing of the past... one day. lol

I was able to post one pic of Ricky at 4 mths. in the gallery, but am unable to get any more on for some strange reason... anyone know why this can be? I resized my images so dont' think that's the problem.... Hopefully, I can figure this out and get more on there. He's just such a cutie! But aren't they all?? ;)

We live near Montreal, QC, Canada and I'm an avid scrapbooker - that is until Ricky showed up... haven't much time since then! Kind of ironic as I have a gazillion pictures of him I'd love to scrapbook!! :rolleyes: Anywhoooo.... will be chatting with you all again soon. Thanks for reading.

:)

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,356 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

I am also a new Hav mom and got Bugsy on September the 12th. I am also a SAHM (son almost 16 and daughter almost 14). Bugsy is our third dog as we have two Standard Poodles Rome and Brandy. We also have two aging Persians and three tanks with various fish. Yes, hubby is an angel or putting up with all of us.

Housetraining can be challenging with little ones, but it does happen. Bugsy is 6 and 1/2 months and is now fully housebroken/potty trained. There is a lot of good advice on housebraking on this forum, here's the link to one. http://www.havaneseforum.com/showthread.php?t=108

Best,

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome aboard. I don't have my Havanese yet but we should get him/her in March.

This is a great place for information. :) :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome. I just joined myself after seeing Melissa post it on the main Havanese list at Yahoo. It's nice to see so many posts from Hav owners.

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
Hello and welcome to all the new forum members and all the new puppies! It seems that in the past month there has been a real blossoming of new puppies in peoples lives and that's wonderful, I wish I was so lucky! Lots of people have added pictures too and I "Hav"ta say, everyone's dogs and puppies are so cute! It's also great having new members from outside the states, for a little different perspective on things.
I haven't been able to write much lately, but I'm trying to keep up with the posts, and it's just great to see all the new members and dogs. Did I miss something from Susaneckert? Is this when she was taking a trip? Just noticed her missing from the forum and hoped there wasn't/isn't any kind of problem.

My Cooper turns one today, Happy Birthday Coop! and we're still having some housetraining issues :( but I wouldn't trade him for the world! He's also the best friend my Bichon, Lily could have. He'll eat anything and everything and loves to sleep in bed with us, although he does have to use a little ramp my dh built him to get up in bed.

Barney's Mom, if you haven't left yet, have a great and safe trip to Florida and stay connected and take lots of pictures if possible! I'm sure that Barney will be nothing but a pleasure for you on your trip!

Beverly

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,356 Posts
Hey Cooper, :D

Happy 1st birthday, I hope you got a nice piece of steak of a special bone or a toy. ;)

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Welcome Marj.

I'm a SAHM to (5 kids, ages 14-2) and we just have the 1 hav, Princess. We got her the end of November.

Ricky is a doll.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!!

Happy Birthday, Cooper! :)

Yikes, Jodi, 5 kids ?! Bless you ! ;)

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I love every single one of them, but there are days where I think one would have been enough ;)

SAHM = stay at home mom

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,356 Posts
Jodi - 5 kids, OMG!!! You are my hero. I have 2 teenagers and sometimes think I have 2 too many. lol

Debbie - SAHM means Stay At Home Mom. Gotta love acronyms.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Jodi - 5 kids, OMG!!! You are my hero. I have 2 teenagers and sometimes think I have 2 too many. lol

Debbie - SAHM means Stay At Home Mom. Gotta love acronyms.
LOL, so you totally understand that I always have at least 2 extra kids here at all times as well. I swear as soon as my oldest hit 'teen', we have kids coming out of the woodwork, and they are going to make us go broke eating us out of house and home. lol

There's one that we claim as kid now, he's here so much.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,356 Posts
Oh, don't even start about the friends and food. We've had playdates since the kids started preschool at the age of 3 and 2 respectively and it never stopped. Both my son's and my daughter's friends think of us as their extended family and comeover all the time. I swear I am shopping every single day for some thing or other. No matter how comprehensive my "once a week" shopping is, we always run out of things. Ahh, the trials of raising kids....but I wouldn't have it any other way. I do fondly remember the time we were DINKS (double income no kids), the things I could afford at the time. lol

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Debbie,

A SAHM is a stay-at-home-mom. ;)

I just LOVE that pic of Sam! I saw it on the yahoo group when you sent it in as well as the magazine - such a great Hav moment!! :)

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
What yahoogroup? (yes, I'm nosey. lol)

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Thanks Debbie.. I joined earlier today after reading this post.

I subscribed to 2 others, but there isn't much action on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts