Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Save the date! The HCNC will be holding its third annual play date/auction in Walnut Creek, CA on Sunday, August 18, 2013. All Havanese owners and their dogs are welcome!!! More information soon!!!!

As promised, here's the update!!! Please plan to come, socialize, and support HCNC!!!

Havanese Club of Northern California's 8/18 Potluck Fun Day in Walnut Creek!!

You do NOT need to be a member of the club to attend​

When: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 11am to 3pm

Where: The Smart's home near Larkey Lane and Second Avenue in Walnut Creek

What to Bring: Folding chair, a salad or a dessert to share, clothing layers (the weather can be quite hot or even cool in Walnut Creek), any new or gently used human/doggie items you'd like to contribute to our auction (the club's ONLY fundraiser), your Havanese, and cash!

More: The club will provide beverages and finger foods. The yard is fenced and shaded so the dogs will be able to run and play freely.

Requirement: Dogs must be 3 months or older and current on their vaccinations. (No puppies under 3 months are allowed at any club function.)

RSVP: Kathleen Smart at [email protected] to get the address. Check the club website, TheHCNC.Com for updates.

Auction This is our Club's ONLY Fundraising Event!! Feel free to bring items you'd like to contribute (new or gently used and not necessarily dog-related).

Some of the proceeds may be used to:

• [
    *]Support Havanese Rescue, Inc.
    [
    *]Sponsor trophies and/or goody bags at the Havanese
    National Specialty
    [
    *]Pay club administrative expenses (web site,
    insurance, etc.)
    [
    *]Support our club's Fun Dates and Play Dates!!

Cookbook We're still collecting recipes for the cookbook we plan to sell as a future fundraiser. Please bring the recipe of the dish you bring to add to the cookbook.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR CHAIR AND A SALAD OR DESSERT TO SHARE!!

The HCNC is not responsible for the safety of your Havanese, but will take all precaution to help ensure everyone's safety.
​

HCNC Board of Directors​

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
oooooooh, I might be able to make this one!!
Is there a big yard for the havs to play in??
I hope it's not tooooo hot that day!
I look forward to hearing more information on the play date!

·
Starr
1,227 Posts
I'll let you know, soon, Kathleen. I am babysitting an adorable Havie who is visiting us for the Summer while her family is away, and her family will be picking her up around that date.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:tea:Starr, you're always welcome and you do know that you're welcome to bring the baby you're babysitting too :)

I look forward to hearing that you can join us!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RSVP's needed for the Havanese Club of Northern California playdate/luncheon/auction THIS Sunday, August 18th, 11-3!! I need to go food shopping and want to buy enough drinks and snacks :)

All Havanese lovers and owners are welcome!!! Just bring yourself, your Neezer, a chair to sit in and a salad or dessert to share. Auction donation are always welcome too :party:
:welcome:
I look forward to hearing from you all :israel:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If any of you who are coming to the playdate need my address, please email me privately. I hope to see many of you on Sunday!!!!

·
Starr
1,227 Posts
I responded to your Facebook post yesterday - Roger and I will be there with (probably) 4 doggies. I need to do a Home Evaluation for a potential adopter on the way there, so I hope we wont be late.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
shooooot, for some reason I thought this was on Saturday... :(
We can't make it Sunday. :(
maybe next year!??
Take pictures!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry you won't make it this year, Tammy. I hope to see you next year.

Starr, I'm so glad you and Roger and your doggie are able to come :) See you Sunday!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those of you who are coming to the gathering tomorrow, travel safely and don't forget your Neezer, a chair to sit in and a salad or dessert to share. Auction donation are always welcome too :)

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you so much to everyone who attended today's Havanese Club of Northern California event!!!! You came, donated and purchased items at the auction despite the heat and we thank you so much for your support!!!

If you left items behind that you'd like returned to you, I'll bring them to our next club event, October 26th in Dixon. Our meeting will be about an hour after the Havanese show but check the club's website to confirm.

Thank you again!!! We couldn't do the work we do for this breed without your support!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts