Havanese Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I had just heard that Wonderful!!!!!!!News from Melissa. She's pretty thrilled, because Noah is her Stogie's dad (for those of you who didn't already know that)
Dawna
CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE involved with that GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
I bet you are melissa I remember hearing of Noah on here so I was pretty excited about seeing him in person. After seeing all the other Havanese yoda look pretty good LOL it did do a eye open for me at least and gave me hope with Yoda.Now I wish that I never cut his bangs but they are going so that is good January show yoda will be in at palmsprings YEAHHH his first show.I better get ready for the show this morning not bad of a drive from my place to the national only a hour away will post when I get home Susan

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Congrats!!! He was gorgeous and had a nice strut down the ring. As I watched the show, I noticed the handlers v. the owners showing and then heard them say there is the breed by class and the top 20 class. Do they judge the classes seperately and then decide the winner of each and pick like a Best of the Winners or are they all judged at the same time?

Just curious,
Amanda

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Amanda I think I readd they judge them all at the same time. I think some people wanted it seperate and some did not.
Im almost sure it was all together though.
Im also thinking they have a sep competition afterwards for Best Bred By with just those dogs.

I saw Noahs win pic on the AKC site, its GREAT! I love how he kept some of his darker colors, I hope Stogie does also.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
What they did was had 2 parts to the show on saturday since there was so many dogs. They took have of the dogs in the ring and judge them then the other half came in the ring and the other ones went out on the side. The he brought in all of them and pick out so many of them.And judge them until he pick which ones won.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Okay, since I am new to confirmation... I know a little. What would be the pros and the cons about having it together v. seperate? Since the judge isn't suppose to be looking at the north end of the lead anyway... why would it be done seperate?

hehe...I am going back and forth whether I want to be involved with confirmation on the next little one!

Amanda

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
If the judge seperated them at EUK, it doesnt mean he did it via Bred by and top 25. He may have seperated bitches from dogs or just two groups. So he can see all the dogs, and there are not so many in there.

The argument was people thought the top 25 dogs should have been shown alone and they are truely the best of the best.

The bred by people say its money and handlers that get them there so the bred by should be included because thats really is some of the best dogs, yada yada. I just read on the big list or the show list people debating it. Im not on one side or the other.

Obviously the way they did it worked well because the Best dog won! HAHA. Sexy Senior!

Just know showing is addicting. If you are competitive you keep wanting to go back. I dont like all the hassle that goes with showing, but its fun when you when, and I enjoy talking trash in the ring. :D All in good fun though.

G

·
The Bred by class is one of my favorite classes to watch. I haven't followed the debates, so I can't speak one way or another...but I admire the breeder who owner/handles their dogs. As with anything in life, I do think politics come into play in the ring...but some Judges are able to look past all of that and focus on the dogs. When that happens we all benefit. There are a lot of CH Havanese that don't deserve the title and a lot of non-CH Havanese that do. To me, the title doesn't mean that much...if you understand the standard and are showing a healthy, correct, typey Havanese then you have a lot to be proud of :).

As for Noah, I think he's a gorgeous example of our breed!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a Reminder

Hi forum! Just a little reminder, Havanese Happenings! is giving FREE Full Page ads till the end of April! We would LOVE to publish any winners, pups available, Bred-By wins, performance etc...
To find out how go to www.havanesehappenings.com
Click enter, then click on Sales & Promotions.
Not much time left to take advantage of this free offer, get your ads to us!
Marti
Tommy's Mommy:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts