Havanese Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I wanted to introduce myself to some, and re-introduce myself to others. I believe I was one of the first 20 members of forum. My boys Jasper and Cash passed away within 2 weeks of each other over the holidays. Jasper was 16. Cash was 15. They were very good boys!

We are expecting to take home a new puppy mid August! I just realized I need to refresh my puppy skills as it’s been 17 years since we’ve had a little one. Any advice is truly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss, and can’t imagine how hard it must have been to lose Jasper and Cash so close to one another. How wonderful that you’ll soon have a puppy to bring some much needed floof and joy into your home, though of course their memories will live on. Look forward to hearing about (and seeing pics of) the new addition… and things certainly do change! We ‘only’ had 9 hrs between puppies and it felt like a whole other worlds

·
Metrowest, MA
32,246 Posts
Oh, Missy!!! I’m SO glad that you decided to join us again!!! 💕 💕 💕

Missy and I know each other in real life, and her puppy to be MAY just be a Panda and Ducky relative! ;) You MAY have already SEEN a photo or two of said puppy And sibs! 😉

Missy was the first Havanese person, other than the Kings that I met in real life. I took Kodi over to meet her and Jasper and Cash when Kodi was a tiny puppy and we have been friends ever since! This photo was taken in Missy’s back yard with a bunch of local Havanese Forum folks in the fall of 2009, when Kodi was about 6 months old, and Jas and Cash were, what? 3 and 4 years old?

Unfortunately, it makes me sad because, other than Kodi, MOST of the dogs in this photo are gone. :cry: OTOH, there are also another generation of Havanese following along in their footsteps!
Plant Shorts Social group Family reunion Tree

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,274 Posts
Hi Missy,

I remember you and the boys and the picture you posted. I also joined in November of 2006, but on the 20th. I am sorry for you loss and congrats on your upcoming addition!

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m so sorry for your loss, and can’t imagine how hard it must have been to lose Jasper and Cash so close to one another. How wonderful that you’ll soon have a puppy to bring some much needed floof and joy into your home, though of course their memories will live on. Look forward to hearing about (and seeing pics of) the new addition… and things certainly do change! We ‘only’ had 9 hrs between puppies and it felt like a whole other worlds
Thank you Lisa! The house has been very quiet!

Missy and I know each other in real life, and her puppy to be MAY just be a Panda and Ducky relative! ;) You MAY have already SEEN a photo or two of said puppy And sibs! 😉

Missy was the first Havanese person, other than the Kings that I met in real life. I took Kodi over to meet her and Jasper and Cash when Kodi was a tiny puppy and we have been friends ever since! This photo was taken in Missy’s back yard with a bunch of local Havanese Forum folks in the fall of 2009, when Kodi was about 6 months old, and Jas and Cash were, what? 3 and 4 years old?

Unfortunately, it makes me sad because, other than Kodi, MOST of the dogs in this photo are gone. :cry: OTOH, there are also another generation of Havanese following along in their footsteps!
View attachment 178477

View attachment 178477
I affectionately refer to Karen as my Havanese puppy sherpa. She has been such a great friend to help me. But Karen, remind me not to stand next to you in pictures 🤣!

·
Metrowest, MA
32,246 Posts
Thank you Lisa! The house has been very quiet!

I affectionately refer to Karen as my Havanese puppy sherpa. She has been such a great friend to help me. But Karen, remind me not to stand next to you in pictures 🤣!
LOL! You make me look like a GIANT!!! (And I was a lot thinner back then!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts