Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
I am definitely looking forward to attending the seminar and can't wait to hear everything Dr. Murphy has to say. This is very exciting news for our breed!!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Im excited I am going to Nationals!!!!

You like that Tom? I just make up the rules as I go...
Not really.

I did get back on the big list a couple of days just to find puppy cut photos. I read some about it. I saw enough caddy emails directed at Doc to remind me why I left.

I am hoping the seminar is for everyone and we dont have to register.

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,080 Posts
I shouldn't have jumped the gun, I guess, but yes it has to do with the TAMU study. Doc's already put out something about it, but the whole story will be told at the Seminar at Nationals.
I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but what is TAMU ??? Maybe we just haven't heard of it in the UK and it's not entirely me being ignorant??!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,235 Posts
TAMU is Texas A&M University (Agricultural and Mechanical).

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,080 Posts
I am SO stupid! I simply hadn't thought to check the date! Whatever the study was, it's probably been superseded by half a dozen others by now!!! Silly me...

·
Metrowest, MA
27,235 Posts
Yeah, it was on the state of health in the breed. I think breeders learned a lot, and in general, the good breeders are doing their part to curb genetic disease with proper testing before they breed.

·
Cuba and Tycho
1,080 Posts
Thanks, Karen - sorry to have been so silly as to have ignored the date! Lesson learnt, but good to know anyway re genetic lessons ongoing. And at least I now know what TAMU stands for!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,235 Posts
My uncle used to teach there. Otherwise it wouldn't have been obvious to me either. The study was before my time too! ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
You know it's kind of funny. I read the title "old thread, don't bother to open" and I didn't. for a whole hour :) I've been on the forum checking threads for over an hour but it was bugging me. Whenever it says "don't" we always want to. silly huh? See, here I am checking out the "old thread" after all. And it really was, just an old thread :laugh:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Whenever it says "don't" we always want to.
I know Lila, right? I keep thinking I shouldn't click on it because that keeps it current when sorting by new posts, but I can't help myself. I think Tom needs to edit the heading again, to "Read this, it's good for you". :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
must....push.....button....can't....resist.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts