Havanese Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 5 1/2 month old white male supposed to be purebred who is already 11.4 lbs and like 13-14 inches tall. Anyone else have a big boy like this 馃槼

Metrowest, MA
Hi I have a 5 1/2 month old white male supposed to be purebred who is already 11.4 lbs and like 13-14 inches tall. Anyone else have a big boy like this 馃槼
Do you have photos of him that you can share?

Registered
Wow he's got long legs :) Curious - has he been neutered already? (I read somewhere that male dogs neutered really young can grow "taller" than they would otherwise - don't know if that's actually true or not).

Registered
No he has not! The vet said not until fully grown which he said was 9 months!
Good that he hasn't been yet :). Perry was neutered at around 6 months (he is a rescue and they tend to neuter/ spay earlier than you might want/ recommend) before I got him (I got him at 8 months), but I don't think he's taller than "normal" because of it ...

Did you meet his parents - wondering if either were particularly tall or if he's just an interesting (and very very cute) aberration?

Metrowest, MA

Metrowest, MA
No he has not! The vet said not until fully grown which he said was 9 months!
Smart vet! I think, especially in THIS case, I'd want him to be fully mature before neutering him! Personally, I'd wait until at least a year.

Registered
Those are unusually long legs for a full Havanese. Did you get papers? If it matters to you you could do a dog dna test. If you paid for pure Havanese and you ended up with a mix, you shouldn鈥檛 pay the same price as a full Havanese.

Otherwise, he鈥檚 a handsome pup!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those are unusually long legs for a full Havanese. Did you get papers? If it matters to you you could do a dog dna test. If you paid for pure Havanese and you ended up with a mix, you shouldn鈥檛 pay the same price as a full Havanese.

Otherwise, he鈥檚 a handsome pup!
Yes we have papers that he鈥檚 purebred but it doesn鈥檛 matter to us. Just hope he doesn鈥檛 end up the size of a sheep dog lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts