Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am the proud mom of Buzz, an 13 month old black and white Havanese. We had never even seen a Havanese dog when we chose to get a Havanese. I spent years reading about the many varieties of smaller dogs, and the Havanese breed seemed to meet all of our needs. I loved the way their perky and affectionate personalities were described in so many of the descriptions. I also loved that they were sturdy and athletic dogs.

We are both head over heels in love him. We are so glad that he is part of our lives.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love his little face and his unique markings! What area do you live in? Seems like Havs are getting pretty common is some areas and are still very unusual in others. I am another who chose my Hav just based on what I read about small dog temperaments, and came in to this almost blind, even with a solid year's worth of research under my belt. Couldn't be happier with the decision!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We live in Omaha, Ne. The breeder is Dulce Havanese in Missouri. My husband reluctantly gave his support to getting a small dog, and he loves everything about Buzz. Buzz loves to go on runs with him, they wrestle and play every evening, and he is taking agility classes with him.

Our grown son says that Buzz is more like a child than a dog as he seems to understand what we say and he definitely talks to us¡

Jean

·
Metrowest, MA
27,627 Posts
:welcome: He's adorable!!!

·
Sophie
989 Posts
Saw on Dulce's website that she has a couple Tapscott dogs. Both of my Mario's parents are Tapscott dogs, so I bet they have some relation to each other (though Mario is about 7.5 years older than Buzz). He's a beautiful boy! I'm glad he is fitting in with your family so well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love his name and his ragamuffin hair! Welcome!
Buzz is a ragamuffin! He is in the midst of losing his baby coat so he does have some gaps where we've cut out some matts, but he has always reverted back to scruffy soon after a brushing. It fits his personality. This morning he woke from a nap with his mustache all askew and it just made me laugh to see him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saw on Dulce's website that she has a couple Tapscott dogs. Both of my Mario's parents are Tapscott dogs, so I bet they have some relation to each other (though Mario is about 7.5 years older than Buzz). He's a beautiful boy! I'm glad he is fitting in with your family so well.
Buzz's father is Tappscot's Comin' Out Smokin'', or Smokie. Buzz gets his markings from him. Here is a link to his Havanese Gallery page. http://havanesegallery.hu/show_dog_en.php?id=34845

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whoops! I misspelled Tapscott and forgot to say that Smokie is owned by Heavenly Havanese.
http://myheavenlyhavanesepuppies.com/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts