Havanese Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo. Poor Panda is staying at her breeder's house while we are on vacation, because a stud-puppy and an in-season mommy in a trailer for a week did.not.sound.like,fun.

Panda is very used to being crated, and although she sleeps in our bed at home, she sleeps happily in her crate in the travel trailer. She LOVES Elizabeth, and knows her dogs. (most of them) I didn't think it would be a problem for her. We got there, and Panda went RUNNING to the door to go in, and was THRILLED to see Elizabeth!!! She happily greeted ZT, E's older bitch, who she knows best, and Jolene, her younger girl. Then another young bitch, who is quite a bit smaller than Panda, came over and FLATTENED Panda. She just jumped on her, snarling, and Panda went down on her back, no fight at all! Of course, Elizabeth and I IMMEDIATELY intervened, the other girl was crated, and we let Panda investigate the dog room, meet E's newest puppies (who are going home right now) and hang out with the two girls who like her.

All seemed fine, and she happily followed E around the house. When I left, Elizabeth said she looked for me, and kept going to the garage door, but didn't seem overly upset. She ate her supper with no problem. But then at bed time, se would NOT settle! She had the girls lined up in crates, and Panda barked non-stop. Elizabeth has a camera on the dog room, and she could see that Panda was really upset. She finally, as a last resort, put Panda into the Variocage (which is just like mine) in the back of her car, inside the garage, which is attached to the dog room. There is also a camera there, so she could watch. Panda eventually settled down and slept there.

We talked in the morning, and I felt bad that Panda had made such a fuss and offered to come get her. Elizabeth said she thought she could sort it out, and that it was The other bitch still giving her the "evil eye". So we decided to give it one more day/night, and I'd get her today if it still wasn't working. She put the "naughty girl" in a pen, and left Panda and ZT loose for the day. Panda and ZT hung out companionably while E was at work with the puppies with her. and a seems to be OK, knowing that the other girl couldn't get to her.

When it was time for bed, she put the other girl in the pen, away from Panda and ZT and then actually put towels between them, so they couldn't SEE each other! Mischief managed! Panda could sleep if she didn't have to LOOK at that scary girl down the other end of the room!!!

Panda is so much the "girl in charge" at our house, it just was a total surprise to both

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Sooo. Poor Panda is staying at her breeder's house while we are on vacation, because a stud-puppy and an in-season mommy in a trailer for a week did.not.sound.like,fun.

Panda is very used to being crated, and although she sleeps in our bed at home, she sleeps happily in her crate in the travel trailer. She LOVES Elizabeth, and knows her dogs. (most of them) I didn't think it would be a problem for her. We got there, and Panda went RUNNING to the door to go in, and was THRILLED to see Elizabeth!!! She happily greeted ZT, E's older bitch, who she knows best, and Jolene, her younger girl. Then another young bitch, who is quite a bit smaller than Panda, came over and FLATTENED Panda. She just jumped on her, snarling, and Panda went down on her back, no fight at all! Of course, Elizabeth and I IMMEDIATELY intervened, the other girl was crated, and we let Panda investigate the dog room, meet E's newest puppies (who are going home right now) and hang out with the two girls who like her.

All seemed fine, and she happily followed E around the house. When I left, Elizabeth said she looked for me, and kept going to the garage door, but didn't seem overly upset. She ate her supper with no problem. But then at bed time, se would NOT settle! She had the girls lined up in crates, and Panda barked non-stop. Elizabeth has a camera on the dog room, and she could see that Panda was really upset. She finally, as a last resort, put Panda into the Variocage (which is just like mine) in the back of her car, inside the garage, which is attached to the dog room. There is also a camera there, so she could watch. Panda eventually settled down and slept there.

We talked in the morning, and I felt bad that Panda had made such a fuss and offered to come get her. Elizabeth said she thought she could sort it out, and that it was The other bitch still giving her the "evil eye". So we decided to give it one more day/night, and I'd get her today if it still wasn't working. She put the "naughty girl" in a pen, and left Panda and ZT loose for the day. Panda and ZT hung out companionably while E was at work with the puppies with her. and a seems to be OK, knowing that the other girl couldn't get to her.

When it was time for bed, she put the other girl in the pen, away from Panda and ZT and then actually put towels between them, so they couldn't SEE each other! Mischief managed! Panda could sleep if she didn't have to LOOK at that scary girl down the other end of the room!!!

Panda is so much the "girl in charge" at our house, it just was a total surprise to both
Aww, poor Panda. How much longer will you be away?

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww, poor Panda. How much longer will you be away?
We haven't even left yet! But Panda's breeder lives in RI... about 1 1/2 hours from me. So it was most convenient for both her and me to hand her off on Sunday. We leave tomorrow and will be gone for a week. As it turned out, that was a good thing, because if I'd NEEDED to, I COULD have gone and gotten her before we left, and she wouldn't have been stuck with a miserably unhappy crying dog for 10 days. (And I wouldn't have been worried out of my mind about her for the whole time!!!) Yes, we would have had to deal with her and Ducky together in the trailer, but we could have managed if we had to!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh poor Panda and poor you too! Must be hard enough leaving her behind without knowing she isn’t 100% relaxed about it😘

I wonder if the other bitch sensed she is in heat and felt jealous…is that even possible? Like “this is my territory and if anyone is getting laid around here it’s me!”😒😒😳

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh poor Panda and poor you too! Must be hard enough leaving her behind without knowing she isn’t 100% relaxed about it😘

I wonder if the other bitch sensed she is in heat and felt jealous…is that even possible? Like “this is my territory and if anyone is getting laid around here it’s me!”😒😒😳
LOL! I don’t think so… I think she was just being territorial in general. E says she’s been having trouble with her with ZT’s puppies too.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: GoWithTheFlo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts