Havanese Forum banner

541 - 560 of 664 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Puppies moved down stairs today! They will be “commuting” between their upstairs pen at night and the family room pen during the day, at least for a while. This their mode of transportation...

This is their old warming box that took them back and forth to the hospital several times, but with all the insulation pulled out now. Snd tgey barely fit any more! I’m going to have to get something bigger!

Here they are in the new family room pen. Right now, it is half the size it will eventually be. But that’s STILL more than double the space they were used to! As with everything else, they have been totally blasé about it. Immediately finding the comfy beds and settling down for a nap.

You will notice that the pen is currently lined with pee pads. While I am hoping for very few mistakes, I also recognize that they are “learners” at this stage, and figured that it was good insurance for now. So far, so good, they seem to be waking up and finding their boxes. Over time, I will move those toward the edges; for now, I wanted them easy access when they wake up.

From Panda’s perspective, the BIGGEST difference is that the puppies are no longer isolated from the other dogs. They can both come into the family room and “puppy view” through the pen. She seems to be OK with that at this stage. When I’ve had a puppy out for nail clipping, and Kodi jumped up on the couch to sniff it, she has come in and body blocked him rather than attacking. Which seems to me to be MUCH more civilized! LOL!

Here is everybody sacked out for a nap, after a little exploring!

Here is Panda using her “grown-up” gate in and out.

You may notice she looks quite a bit more spiffed-up. I also took the opportunity of having everyone downstairs to give her a bath. She really needed it! But OH MY!!! The amount of undercoat she has blown!!!😭😭😭

Still she looks a lot better than the bedraggled waif of earlier this morning!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
I'm surprised Pixel hasn't used the "grown-up gate" to get in
Awesome set up - but no less than I expected ;)
She knows she would be KILLED if she entered that space. She and Kodi are being VERY polite about even being in the ROOM. They both know Panda is in charge when it comes to the puppies. ;)

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
Here is a little video of when they first moved into the new pen:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, how cool! Loved getting the bird’s eye view into the the transition to the new downstairs space and intro to Uncle Kodi & Auntie Pixel!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Puppies moved down stairs today! They will be “commuting” between their upstairs pen at night and the family room pen during the day, at least for a while. This their mode of transportation...
View attachment 174398
This is their old warming box that took them back and forth to the hospital several times, but with all the insulation pulled out now. Snd tgey barely fit any more! I’m going to have to get something bigger!

Here they are in the new family room pen. Right now, it is half the size it will eventually be. But that’s STILL more than double the space they were used to! As with everything else, they have been totally blasé about it. Immediately finding the comfy beds and settling down for a nap.

View attachment 174399

You will notice that the pen is currently lined with pee pads. While I am hoping for very few mistakes, I also recognize that they are “learners” at this stage, and figured that it was good insurance for now. So far, so good, they seem to be waking up and finding their boxes. Over time, I will move those toward the edges; for now, I wanted them easy access when they wake up.

From Panda’s perspective, the BIGGEST difference is that the puppies are no longer isolated from the other dogs. They can both come into the family room and “puppy view” through the pen. She seems to be OK with that at this stage. When I’ve had a puppy out for nail clipping, and Kodi jumped up on the couch to sniff it, she has come in and body blocked him rather than attacking. Which seems to me to be MUCH more civilized! LOL!

Here is everybody sacked out for a nap, after a little exploring!
View attachment 174400

Here is Panda using her “grown-up” gate in and out.

View attachment 174401

View attachment 174402

You may notice she looks quite a bit more spiffed-up. I also took the opportunity of having everyone downstairs to give her a bath. She really needed it! But OH MY!!! The amount of undercoat she has blown!!!😭😭😭

Still she looks a lot better than the bedraggled waif of earlier this morning!

View attachment 174403
Ok so re pic number 3...this is a health emergency I need to stroke Jelly Bean’s podgy little tummy RIGHT NOW otherwise I might die🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Let's see......I count 5 Havapuppies, one Havamomi, and two Hush Puppies - size 8 about 12 months old. Is there a wait list for those? View attachment 174404
Oh, they are bigger than that and older than that! Holes in the bottoms and new ones on order! You can have them if you pay for shipping! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: LeleRF

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
I think that's CADBURY who is really blossoming. That little puppy has cojones!
He is really delightful. He ASKS to be picked up, then IMMEDIATELY snuggles into your arms. THAT, actually, is very reminiscent of Kodi as a baby!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
Ok so re pic number 3...this is a health emergency I need to stroke Jelly Bean’s podgy little tummy RIGHT NOW otherwise I might die🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
It has been a real temptation to change his name to “Jelly Belly”. Do you have that brand of jelly beans in the UK?:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
270 Posts
It has been a real temptation to change his name to “Jelly Belly”. Do you have that brand of jelly beans in the UK?:ROFLMAO:
😂 I just had to check as I don’t really like sweets (candy) apart from chocolate. Turns out yes we do have have the Jelly Belly jelly beans, now I have seen the packaging I think I remember it being a big deal when Blockbuster Video started selling them over here because they came in all these unusual flavours, but am going back 30 odd years so could be wrong.

I think you need to rechristen him “JB” to cover both options😘

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Oh, they are bigger than that and older than that! Holes in the bottoms and new ones on order! You can have them if you pay for shipping! :ROFLMAO:
HEY! this is a grrrrrrreat idea! but I don't expect you to send me the new ones just for cost of shipping. I could get those babies bronzed and put them on the mantel as a reminder why I will never want to be a breeder (like when monkeys fly out my butt).

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
I do not need 3 under 3… I do not need 3 under 3……

They are adorable.
LOL! Does it help to know they are all spoken for? :ROFLMAO:

541 - 560 of 664 Posts