Havanese Forum banner

561 - 580 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
It does! And the fact that I’m not quite that filled with puppy fever (yet). :)

Reactions: krandall

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Later, three of the little convicts were looking for a jail break again...

·
Registered
146 Posts
You have to appreciate their spunk and tenacity 😜! Do tell on the clicker lesson...how did you use it and did they respond as expected? We’re some pups more responsive than others?

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
I know your husband has been sort of a convert to dogs, I’m curious about his perspective on all of this puppy business!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
You have to appreciate their spunk and tenacity 😜! Do tell on the clicker lesson...how did you use it and did they respond as expected? We’re some pups more responsive than others?
At this stage you are just “charging the clicker”... creating a “conditioned emotional response” to the clicker. So there really is no “wrong” response the puppy can make. If they had not liked my choice of food, I would have tried a different food. If they had worried about the clicker I would have switched to a quieter clicker. (Maybe... maybe I would have tried to work through it depending on their response) But the goal right now is for them to feel happy when they hear the clicker. So the bar is REALLY low!

The tube was full of chicken baby food, which they thought was EXTREMELY yummy, so it was all a great game for them! LOL! The goal of all training I do is for the dog to think it is all fun and games!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
I know your husband has been sort of a convert to dogs, I’m curious about his perspective on all of this puppy business!
He has pulled out a towel for himself, and will randomly pick a puppy for cuddle time. It’s pretty cute. It’s like he’s trying them on for size!

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
The goal of all training I do is for the dog to think it is all fun and games!
Well, your all fun and games 'conditioned emotional response' technique is certainly working on the members of HF with your puppy pictures! Who do you think are easier to train, Havanese puppies or HF members? DON'T ANSWER THAT! 🙉

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Oh gosh I've missed so much! I haven't been online for a few days. Just got to do some outside gardening and inside house cleaning at some point! Now I'm trying to get caught up on the forum and I can't believe the change in the puppies in just a few days! Still luv Ducky and the Bean! But I also luv the other two as well.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Well, your all fun and games 'conditioned emotional response' technique is certainly working on the members of HF with your puppy pictures! Who do you think are easier to train, Havanese puppies or HF members? DON'T ANSWER THAT! 🙉
🙊

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Oh gosh I've missed so much! I haven't been online for a few days. Just got to do some outside gardening and inside house cleaning at some point! Now I'm trying to get caught up on the forum and I can't believe the change in the puppies in just a few days! Still luv Ducky and the Bean! But I also luv the other two as well.
Except there are THREE others! So who DON’T you love? LOL! (Just kidding!:ROFLMAO:)

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Karen, have you decided who you're keeping yet? You don't have to tell us who it is, but I'm wondering if you've decided. Thanks!

💛 🧡 💜 💚 💙

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Karen, have you decided who you're keeping yet? You don't have to tell us who it is, but I'm wondering if you've decided. Thanks!

💛 🧡 💜 💚 💙
No, I won’t make a decision until after evaluations at 7 & 8 weeks.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
Reactions: LeleRF

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Oh Karen!!! the suspense is killing us. Can we start a bet on which one you will be keeping??? That would be so much fun!!!!

P.S: I think I need a post covid life!!!
🤐

561 - 580 of 664 Posts