Havanese Forum banner

941 - 953 of 953 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #941 ·
Our first "big adventure" today was a trip up to meet dad, He.be, and "big dog" (Bearded Collie) Imp. I've taken the puppies for short car rides several times, just to get them used to being in the car, but this was, by far, the longest ride, about 40 minutes in each direction.

I had put two puppies in on RTK crate and three in the other. Just a few minutes before we arrived, there was some squeaking and crying from one crate, and I thought we might have reached the tolerance level for someone. When I stopped in the driveway, the "problem" became apparent... "somebody's" bully stick had fallen out of the crate, and "somebody" was pretty unhappy about THAT! LOL!

They had a lovely visit with a bunch of new dogs and except or a momentary amazement over Imp's hairy size, had a ball! Panda and **** had a lovely reunion, although He.be did not get ALL that he wanted out of the reunion! (Ricky Ricardo isn't the ONLY randy Cuban!!!)

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
Back home, their "going home" harnesses had arrived, so it was time to try them on. None of them seemed to mind wearing them... SOME of them took advantage and started to drag the OTHERS around by their harnesses. I pulled out the bully sticks again, and took their mind off the harnesses for a while! LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
They all look darling in their harnesses. :) Such a cute picture of the back of Ducky and He.be standing side by side... Ducky standing just like Daddy! :love:

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #945 ·
I love the photo of He.be!! A photo of a Havanese not perfectly groomed! That's about how Willow looks all the time except for a few minutes in the morning after I comb her. I can see now that Willow is normal!
Panda Doesn't look much better! I don't think she'd been combed in about 3 days! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #946 ·
They all look darling in their harnesses. :) Such a cute picture of the back of Ducky and He.be standing side by side... Ducky standing just like Daddy! :love:
I do think they are a lot alike! 💕

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don’t even know where to start with all these happenings!! The new harnesses, the long car ride, the Panda/He.be reunion or their getting to meet their Daddy!
First, they all look so dressed up with their harnesses (Parker is so funny, he is always posing perfectly for you). They are all so easy going they seem completely unfazed you them like you said.

As for their visit with He.be... sooooo sweet 🥰🥰🥰! Loved to see them all together. Thank you for sharing all the fun pics!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #948 ·
I don’t even know where to start with all these happenings!! The new harnesses, the long car ride, the Panda/He.be reunion or their getting to meet their Daddy!
First, they all look so dressed up with their harnesses (Parker is so funny, he is always posing perfectly for you). They are all so easy going they seem completely unfazed you them like you said.

As for their visit with He.be... sooooo sweet 🥰🥰🥰! Loved to see them all together. Thank you for sharing all the fun pics!
I'm REALLY glad they got to have that fun day on Tuesday, because between the heat yesterday, and an EXTREMELY frustrating day for me, spending basically ALL DAY on the phone with AKC trying to get their litter registration software to work (long story... it ended up that I needed to get to ONE PERSON, who was all to fix the problem in about 30 seconds, but it took ALL DAY to sort through OTHER people who had no idea what they were doing) The poor puppies lived like... Most litters of puppies! LOL! And MY puppies aren't USED to that!

No training, no outings, no outdoor play! The best I had to offer was to feed them on schedule, keep the pen clean, throw them one of their tunnels, and some bully sticks. Oh well, I guess we'll call that a lesson in self reliance! LOL!

So no photos from yesterday, unless you wanted to see one of me tearing my hair out! LOL!

·
Arf! Arf!
3,368 Posts
because between the heat yesterday, and an EXTREMELY frustrating day for me, spending basically ALL DAY on the phone with AKC trying to get their litter registration software to work (long story... it ended up that I needed to get to ONE PERSON, who was all to fix the problem in about 30 seconds, but it took ALL DAY to sort through OTHER people who had no idea what they were doing)
This post from Karen prompted me to go through RICKY's file today and update all his information with HCSC (Havanese Club of Southern California). I suppose Karen is pretty busy today and tomorrow transferring some or all of the Easter Basket puppies to their new owners. I'm glad I took the time to clean up his file because I found some fascinating information about him, some information that was outdated and needed to be thrown out, and most important his microchip info was incorrect!
  • RICKY's AKC registered name is - Tigerlily's Welcome to the Jungle
  • RICKY has an official AKC Litter Certificate. Be aware that the breeder registers the litter. Either the breeder or the owner has to register the individual puppy. In RICKY's case the breeder, Tigerlily Havanese, registered him so his registration number is his litter registration number plus "- 01"
  • His litter certificate goes back three generations. I do not want to print it here for security reasons. I can tell you his Dam was acquired by Tigerlily from Amor Havanese in California. The litter's Sire is from Angelheart Havanese in Missouri. Both are high quality breeders. In fact RICKY has some illustrious ancestors from some impressive breeders, many from California. His ancestors are from Los Feliz, 2 from PrairieWind, 3 from PillowTalk, 2 from Amor, Los Perritos, Kolmar, Salem, and Starkette - all highly reputable breeders but some no longer is business.
  • I have copies of OFA and other health certificates for both his parent.
  • Here are his weight records that I have:
weight at birth, no record
4 wks. = 3.0
8 wks = 4.2
11wks = 5.7
36 wks = 9.2
39 wks = 11.6 (this is when we acquired him and our Vet felt he was a bit underweight)
14 mo. = 12.2
today, 7+ y.o. old about 15.5
  • I thought RICKY was registered with Home Again microchip. I called them to see if our information was up to date. Even though I had his chip number, they said they had no record of him! WHATTTTTTTTT?! 🤬 They said to keep his records active I had to pay a $22 annual renewal fee! WHATTTTTTTTT?! 🤬 This is something his previous owner had 'forgotten' to tell me. Although RICKY has a functioning chip, there has been no record of him for the last 7 years! Well, I got him registered and all is well. This is just a reminder that it is each owner's responsibility to maintain their dog's microchip.
  • Seven years ago, RICKY was sold to me without a contract. I was an idiot then and still I am! But I know better now. Anyone purchasing a Havanese puppy should demand a written contract and a copy of the AKC Litter Certificate.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #950 ·
This post from Karen prompted me to go through RICKY's file today and update all his information with HCSC (Havanese Club of Southern California). I suppose Karen is pretty busy today and tomorrow transferring some or all of the Easter Basket puppies to their new owners. I'm glad I took the time to clean up his file because I found some fascinating information about him, some information that was outdated and needed to be thrown out, and most important his microchip info was incorrect!
  • RICKY's AKC registered name is - Tigerlily's Welcome to the Jungle
  • RICKY has an official AKC Litter Certificate. Be aware that the breeder registers the litter. Either the breeder or the owner has to register the individual puppy. In RICKY's case the breeder, Tigerlily Havanese, registered him so his registration number is his litter registration number plus "- 01"
His number would have been the same, whether the breeder or the buyer registered him. If the buyer registers the puppy, the paperwork still is given to the buyer with the litter registration number with the puppy number after it on it. The breeder and buyer then each fill out their respective parts, and the breeder has the buyer pay for the registration and send it in.

• His litter certificate goes back three generations.

• I do not want to print it here for security reasons. I can tell you his Dam was acquired by Tigerlily from Amor Havanese in California. The litter's Sire is from Angelheart Havanese in Missouri. Both are high quality breeders. In fact RICKY has some illustrious ancestors from some impressive breeders, many from California. His ancestors are from Los Feliz, 2 from PrairieWind, 3 from PillowTalk, 2 from Amor, Los Perritos, Kolmar, Salem, and Starkette - all highly reputable breeders but some no longer is business.
  • I have copies of OFA and other health certificates for both his parent.
  • Here are his weight records that I have:
Your Pedigree certificate is not the litter registration. That is something extra that anyone can pay for from AKC, and should not be expected from your breeder. They are expensive. If A breeder Provides a printed pedigree, it’s nice. But you should NOT expect it. You can order one for yourself at any time from AKC, or you can orint one off for yourself from Havanese Gallery in most cases. This is NOT something you should expect from the breeder. Nor is a litter registration anything that is something that is useful in the hands of the puppy owners. It is only useful to the breeder. I’m not sure why you would want it.

• I thought RICKY was registered with Home Again microchip. I called them to see if our information was up to date. Even though I had his chip number, they said they had no record of him! WHATTTTTTTTT?! 🤬 They said to keep his records active I had to pay a $22 annual renewal fee! WHATTTTTTTTT?! 🤬 This is something his previous owner had 'forgotten' to tell me. Although RICKY has a functioning chip, there has been no record of him for the last 7 years! Well, I got him registered and all is well. This is just a reminder that it is each owner's responsibility to maintain their dog's microchip.
Super that you looked into this! There are a lot of different chip companies, and they are NOT all the same! I prefer AKC ReUnite, which charges a SINGLE, one time (not annual) fee for their chip program. So it is not something that you have to keep remembering to renew every year! And then make sure , at least once a year, that your dog’s chip can actually be found and is still readable!

• Seven years ago, RICKY was sold to me without a contract. I was an idiot then and still I am! But I know better now. Anyone purchasing a Havanese puppy should demand a written contract and a copy of the AKC Litter Certificate.
I absolutely agree with you that ANYONE buying a puppy should expect a written contract and an AKC registration ceritificate for that individual animal. But not the litter certificate. A puppy buyer has no right to the litter certificate. IF they are fiven a copy, it is only as a courtesy. And it is NOT the same as a pedigree, which is something else, and can be purchased separately from AKC at any time.

·
Member (Teresa)
758 Posts
His number would have been the same, whether the breeder or the buyer registered him. If the buyer registers the puppy, the paperwork still is given to the buyer with the litter registration number with the puppy number after it on it. The breeder and buyer then each fill out their respective parts, and the breeder has the buyer pay for the registration and send it in.

Your Pedigree certificate is not the litter registration. That is something extra that anyone can pay for from AKC, and should not be expected from your breeder. They are expensive. If A breeder Provides a printed pedigree, it’s nice. But you should NOT expect it. You can order one for yourself at any time from AKC, or you can orint one off for yourself from Havanese Gallery in most cases. This is NOT something you should expect from the breeder. Nor is a litter registration anything that is something that is useful in the hands of the puppy owners. It is only useful to the breeder. I’m not sure why you would want it.

Super that you looked into this! There are a lot of different chip companies, and they are NOT all the same! I prefer AKC ReUnite, which charges a SINGLE, one time (not annual) fee for their chip program. So it is not something that you have to keep remembering to renew every year! And then make sure , at least once a year, that your dog’s chip can actually be found and is still readable!

I absolutely agree with you that ANYONE buying a puppy should expect a written contract and an AKC registration ceritificate for that individual animal. But not the litter certificate. A puppy buyer has no right to the litter certificate. IF they are fiven a copy, it is only as a courtesy. And it is NOT the same as a pedigree, which is something else, and can be purchased separately from AKC at any time.

·
Member (Teresa)
758 Posts
Thank you Karen, that cleared many things up for me. Cotton and Jodie are also registered with AKC ReUnite. Every time I check things are in order. I am really enjoying your posts and pictures, it's a happy distraction from my current condition. Jodie and Cotton need a little help keeping me entertained😋

·
Arf! Arf!
3,368 Posts
Karen, I am confused (what's new?) I have a copy of a paper with American Kennel Club logo at the top. It says "Litter Certificate" at the top in bold letters. It has the AKC Litter Number in print and then "-01" hand written after it, which is RICKY's AKC registration number. And then RICKY's pedigree back three generations is listed. The date it was recorded is Feb. 7, 2014. I guess I don't understand what I am looking at. I'm going to send you a copy via email and maybe you will have time to look at it sometime in the next week or two.

Another question! Are the chips universal, or proprietary to each company? Can I register his chip ID code with a different company?

941 - 953 of 953 Posts