Havanese Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday by posting on this forum earlier. We had a puppy inquiry from someone looking for a small Havanese. I copied and pasted the link to Pennylite's posting here about Darby. Pam wrote a long reply and included the link. It turns out the person had been talking to the same breeder that Darby came from and was determined to get a tiny Havanese.

She contacted the breeder after getting Pam's email and asked all sorts of questions. Long story short, she found out the truth and wrote Pam back a long thank you. It looks like she might end up getting a puppy from us later but at least she knows what to look out for now.

So to Pennylite, Thanks for your bravery. You did indeed do some good by posting here.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Oh thank goodness you Tom and your wife helped sav this potential puppy owner from heartache!I hope that breeder goes out of business.Thanks Pennylite and Darby for sharing your information!

Pennylite-I hope Darby is doing well for you now!We are thinking of you!:)

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,363 Posts
Great news!!! If only unethical breeders like that could be permanently put out of business....sigh. But, that's a start. :)

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
Clap Clap Clap

Huge thanks to Pennylite, Tom and Pam, and to Melissa for starting up the forum in the first place. I'm certain this isn't the only case of heading off a disaster by sharing information that has come about because of this forum, but one that is black and white. I only wish more could be done to spread the word about unethical breeders who blatently lie and do things to endanger the health of the puppies.

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
Their web sight scared the heck out of me when I first saw it a few months ago....so glad that Pennylite, Tom and Pam got the word out...Thanks to you all for sharing.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Bravo to everyone for uncovering this person. What I am worried about are the poor puppies that she is selling. Can't we do something to put her out of business? :mad: The dogs and puppies are the ones really being hurt! :(

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,363 Posts
Irnfit - unfortunately, there are many more breeders like the one Pennylite got her puppy from. So many breeders that I contacted didn't show or test their dogs, but they did want a lot for them.....sigh.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Judy, I felt the same way when I saw the website.

Tom, I agree - Bravo to Pennylite for her courage with her sweet little Darby and for not being afraid to post about the troubles he was having. It has opened up more eyes than we may ever know.

The more good, reputable breeders get the message out that there is a reason they breed their Havs the way they do, then more people will understand and learn to appreciate what a well-bred, healthy, emotionally balanced and joyous Havanese really is. They are not tea cup size, nor are they aggressive and sickly and they aren't a "new designer" breed for the sole purpose of being an accessory to carry around! :rolleyes:

It's all about research, research and more research!!

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
That's great Tom! I'm so glad you were able to stop someone from buying from that breeder.

I'm hoping Pennylite will update us on Darby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts