Havanese Forum banner
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I wanted so much to get photos of Kodi in the water treadmill, but ALL of that was during the height of Covid and I never got to be in there with him.
His PT vet said that they (PT) never really went to drop-off only because they needed to see the owners with the dogs together to give the owners "homework" for PT.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
His PT vet said that they (PT) never really went to drop-off only because they needed to see the owners with the dogs together to give the owners "homework" for PT.
My vet (who is a sports medicine vet) did do remote, but she was great about doing videos of what she wanted me to do with Kodi, or coming out to the driveway to show me, and having me send HER videos of my "homework". So they made it work, even in full lock down mode. (and Kodi's injury was at the HEIGHT of lock-down)

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
I know I have black dog bias but Perry is such a beautiful boy, it’s like you can see right into his soul😍. And he looks even sweeter lifting his little paw up like that…even though I know he is being naughty and is not supposed to be!😘
The lighting IS perfect in these photos (maybe because it’s reflecting from the water?) and you can really appreciate his adorable face!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)
The lighting IS perfect in these photos (maybe because it’s reflecting from the water?) and you can really appreciate his adorable face!
The lighting was pretty great :) Makes me wish I had done a little more work trimming his face when I gave him a haircut this past weekend. Luckily you can't really see the back of his head and the mess i made with his bangs/ eyebrows isn't too noticeable

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
And... we're back on restriction. The pin removal went OK, she only got part of the pin out (waiting to talk to the vet herself to see why but I'm assuming the pin broke which she had said in the past sometimes happens). The restriction is because the bone has to fill back in which can take a few weeks and in the meantime it is vulnerable to cracking from jumping, etc. So 4 weeks till his checkup.

And in the continuing saga of what else can be wrong with him, his liver enzymes are high (they run them before any anesthesia) - they were around 185 when normal is around 125 or so, not at dangerous levels which are considered over 200 but they did an ultrasound which showed some inflammation. So he has to be on denamarin for a month and then get his liver panel again to see. The ultrasound also showed a tiny lesion on his blade so they want another ultrasound is 1-3 months to check growth.

Uncle Duncan is on denamarin but supplies have been running low everywhere for months. Amazon and chewy finally got it back in last week... but when I went to order it for Perry this week they were out of stock again. You can get it directly from the vet but it's almost twice the price. I did find some but it won't be in till next week so now debating it he can take Duncan's to then since Duncan takes the 13-34lb dose and Perry should have the <12lb dose.

Perry is currently still a little zoned out from the meds, so is lounging on my lap
Tartan Dog Comfort Textile Carnivore

He is currently hiding his shaved leg and incision under his body so no pics of that, but it's a pretty small incision and just a few stitches

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I know I have black dog bias but Perry is such a beautiful boy, it’s like you can see right into his soul😍. And he looks even sweeter lifting his little paw up like that…even though I know he is being naughty and is not supposed to be!😘
His PT vet says that sometimes they continue to lift it because they think they're being cute (I'd assume more because they get attention for being so cute) but I definitely do NOT give any positive attention when he's doing it so as not to encourage it :)

141 - 152 of 152 Posts