Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question on another thread, but I think it got lost in the conversation...so I'll move it over here.

Can you design flyers and ads with Photoshop or is it for photo-editing only? Do you have Photoshop CS2 Melissa? I downloaded the trial version, but it is dealing me fits. Is there a steep learning curve?

Tami

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
I do have CS2
And yes you can do ads.
I do all of my ads in photoshop. The learning curve? I think if you try to learn one thing at a time you will be ok. I have been working with photoshop for years and I dont even come close to knowing everything it does.

I can put some tuturials out that could help.
Why is it giving you trouble now? The installation or the actual program?
Photoshop is so powerful, I would be lost without it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't know where to start, LOL...I can't even get an image to fill the canvas. I have been working with Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10, which is very user-friendly and geared towards 'novice' designers like me...

Tami

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
If you are starting with a blank canvas and dragging the image over, say the image is smaller....
Just hit cntrl T which will let you transform it, hold the shift key down while you drag the corner of the image to make it bigger or smaller. Holding the shift key keeps from distorting the image and keeps its proportions.

If you are doing it this way, you will now have a layer so go to Layers>Flatten after you are done.

If this is not what you are talking about then I dont know.
If you just have an image on the screen, hit cntrl + to make bigger and cntrl - to make smaller.

Becarefull making images bigger with the transform tool, you dont want them to lost to much quality. Also remember if you are putting a 150 dpi image on a 300 dpi canvas, it will be smaller.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No...I couldn't even get an image on the screen. I was trying to find the insert image button :) . I've got that figured out...and now there are a lot more options I can select!!

This may be fun after all...

Tami

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have Publisher...it works great for ads. Melissa, are the ads you design with Photoshop CS2 photo-only ads? Can you ad text boxes, borders and different backgrounds?

Tami

1 - 11 of 11 Posts