Havanese Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Piper was born the afternoon of January 6th 2021! Today she is officially one-year-old! It seems like it was just yetserday that we were driving down from NYC to North Carolina in the rain to pick her up at 10 weeks old.

For her birthday we got her two new nina ottosson treat puzzles (she mastered the level 2 one really quickly this morning - tonight we're gonna see how she does with the level 3 one!), her favorite flavored treats for the treat puzzles, a new chew toy, two new plushy toys, some new bully sticks, and a birthday bandana! This afternoon she ran in the fields with one of her best buddies (Finn, a small cockapoo) and then had a little "birthday party" (lol) with some of her buddies at the park (Shimmy the mini-poodle, Gus the maltipoo, and Amber the goldendoodle). Lots of wrestling and zoomies. The birthday girl is now properly conked out. Tonight, after her evening walk, we will play with the harder treat puzzle and she will enjoy a new bullystick.

The big 1-year-old has really been a real joy. She is housetrained, walks mostly nicely on a leash (i say mostly because of those pesky squirrels and pigeons that she so wants to chase lol), knows sit - down - stay - come - her name - drop it - leave it - off - shh/quiet - wait - let's go. She is a sassy little teenager who loves to play, sprint around the soccer fields and be chased with her ball. She even knows how to play hide-n-seek with us! My whole life I always wanted a dog and it took until age 30 to finally get one - I'm so happy it took this long because I can't imagine any other pup for me than Piper. I'm so proud of her progress and watching her grow from a 10-week old to 1-year-old. This is just the start of our journey together and I'm looking forward to celebrating many, many, many more birthdays with her over the years to come.

Dog Water dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore

Birthday girl!

Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Liver

Birthday posing

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass

No one can ever catch the speed demon

Birthday rumble!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Dog supply

First pic I ever took of Piper on the ride home

Brown Felidae Cat Carnivore Comfort

Piper at 10 weeks and 3.25lbs

Brown Couch Furniture Comfort Black

Piper at 12 months and just under 10lbs!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We breed athletes. She's probably just getting into the muscling up stage. Her buddies have no idea what they have coming later.
I love it. Her buddy Moose is in trouble:

Also my sister's Corgi already gets frustrated that she can't catch her at all. Pipes taunts her with figure 8s and one time jumped over her lol. She is a rough and tumble feisty little tomboy and I love it 😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts