Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
26,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to leave my guy at the emergency clinic tonight. I went out to dinner, and when I came back, he was acting like his tummy hurt. All he wanted to do was stretch out on his tummy and put his head in my lap. I tried to take him out to potty, thinking that might help, and he just hid under the table. Really NOT usual Kodi behavior.

He is stable, but his entire intestines and stomach are packed with??? They took x-rays and did blood work (the blood work came back fine) tonight, started him on fluids and hope that he will pass "it" (whatever "it" is) in the next 12 hours. (they say there shouldn't be ANYTHING in his stomach this long after he ate at 4:30) If he hasn't passed it by the morning, they will do an ultrasound to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

I don't like going to bed without knowing that my baby is safe in his:(

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
(((Kodi))) get well soon!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
oh my gosh!! I am SO sorry Karen, I will be praying for Kodi, I am sure he is missing you as much or MORE as you are missing him... hopefully he will pass "it" and be good as new and home with you tomorrow ASAP!! :hug:

·
Lumi
432 Posts
Oh no Karen...I am so sorry and I hope tomorrow brings you good news... I hope you get some sleep and I hope Kodi passes whatever is in his system :hug:

·
Registered
422 Posts
oh my gosh!!!!!!

Sending warm and healing thoughts to you both. Hopefully "it" will clear out OK! Please keep us all posted!

·
Gigi
2,468 Posts
Oh no,poor little fellow,and poor you,I really hope all goes well and he sorts himself out,what on earth can he have got hold of? Well better out than in as they say,and they [who ever they are]are certainly right in this case.We have been having the reverse problem with Dizzie's bowls,runny poo for the last 3 days or so, but happy in himself,except that he hides away when he has a dirty bum as he knows I shall be giving him a quick bottom wash, which he finds very humiliating! Well I am thinking of you and poor Kodi and wishing all comes out alright! No I am not joking I know worried we all get when any of our babies are poorly.Good luck.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about Kodi- please let us know how he is this morning. Hopefully, he will have passed whatever it is.

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
Oh Karen! I hope Kodi is doing better this morning and he's passed whatever it is.

Thinking of you both.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
I am keeping both you and Kodi in my thoughts! So scary. We are here for you.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to read about Kodi being in distress and not knowing the cause. I'm sure you hardly slept last night. Hoping Kodi is doing so much better today. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers until I read all's well.

·
Metrowest, MA
26,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone. No news over night, and they said they'd call if he got worse, (not that I slept anyway) so I guess that's a good thing. They are supposed to call by 11:00 and give me and update. I'll let you all know what I find out.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Karen, I am just reading this. I had to read it twice!!!! I hope everything is alright with Kodi. It feels like leaving a child only in someways they are more helpless, they can't tell us. Hope Kodi gets to come home soon and you both get some sleep. You're both in my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts