Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very proud of our little Jolene, who just passed her Canine Good Citizen test this afternoon!
I actually wasn’t planning to do it until she was closer to a year and a half, but our local SPCA was offering a class, so I figured it would be good practice. She was being such a little teenager this morning that I almost didn’t go to the test, because I thought there was no way she would pass. But she pulled it together and did great! The obedience portion has always been her strong suit, and the evaluator said she should have gotten extra points because she did it all so well. So proud of my little Jo, and I think she’s pretty proud of herself too!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply Collar

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Dog supply Companion dog

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Reactions: LWalks

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking at your prior photo of Jolene and passing her CGC test...can you provide me a link to the harness she is wearing?
Yes, I LOVE this harness and was so happy when she started to (barely) fit into size XS— she’s a very petite 8 lbs. We have it for our older dog too, and I think got the rec from other here. It’s great because it’s a front clip but doesn’t restrict shoulder movement at all. There’s a back clip too, which her dog walker uses at the beach when dragging a long line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I LOVE this harness and was so happy when she started to (barely) fit into size XS— she’s a very petite 8 lbs. We have it for our older dog too, and I think got the rec from other here. It’s great because it’s a front clip but doesn’t restrict shoulder movement at all. There’s a back clip too, which her dog walker uses at the beach when dragging a long line.

Thank you. This and the PetSafe 3-in-1 harnesses are on my short list. I like the front attachment (no tracheal involvement) and they don't fall across the upper "arm" of the dog restricting movement.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you. This and the PetSafe 3-in-1 harnesses are on my short list. I like the front attachment (no tracheal involvement) and they don't fall across the upper "arm" of the dog restricting movement.
So for Jo, the pet safe 3-in-1 did sort of restrict her shoulder movement… not terrible, but definitely more than this one because it goes flat across the chest. May depend on the dog though.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
So for Jo, the pet safe 3-in-1 did sort of restrict her shoulder movement… not terrible, but definitely more than this one because it goes flat across the chest. May depend on the dog though.

The Petsafe 3-in-1, if it fits properly, should not go across the chest at all... it should encircle the neck, encircle the rib cage, and have a single straight strap connecting those two circles, on the back and on the belly. The construction is almost identical to the Blue-9, except that, according to MPM, I believe the top strap differs in length, which made it fit her Yorkie better.

But I SUSPECT that may have been too big for JoJo when you tried it. Because in its absolute MOST snugged in position, it JUST fits Pixel, who is 9 1/2 lbs. The XS fits ALL my dogs, from Pixel with the straps at their smallest, to Kodi (17 lbs), with the straps let all the way out. And there is no smaller size. So this harness really isn't useful for the smallest Havs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts