Havanese Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We went to the vet yesterday and JoJo is weighing in at a whopping 2.75 lbs (at a little over 10 weeks old). Vet says she’s healthy, just a petite little thing (funny, it’s the opposite of what they say about Charlie!) We just were out doing some sound exposure and it’s quite windy today. She was doing really well- tail up, alert, taking food, but then started shaking and I realized she was cold!

So I think we need a sweater or something for when it’s chilly, and so much of what Im finding seems way too big, or like it might be itchy. Any suggestions for companies that make decent stuff for the little ones? I’d prefer not to spend a lot because I hope she’ll grow out of it! For size reference, she fits into the XXXS of this harness https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08B6CWLJD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As thanks, here’s JoJo ‘helping’ me with my work a few minutes ago!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Molly was 3.4 lbs. when I brought her home in the middle of winter. I was able to find XS sweaters and coats that fit at Petsmart, Petco, Home Goods, Target - really anywhere. I used a sweater under a coat that first winter on really cold days. She got her more substantial winter parkas when she was bigger during her second winter season.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh my word, she looks like a little stuffie, she is beyond adorable! I don‘t have any different suggestions than what was mentioned but please post pics when you do find some sweaters! Chase already outgrew the cutest little yellow rain coat but I think it would even be too big for JoJo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
JoJo is so adorable (and helpful). Can't wait to meet her! I don't know too much about clothes for puppies, but in general, if I'm looking for a good deal, I check Amazon Warehouse first. They have some great deals on "open box" products - sometimes as much as 50% off the price for the brand new item. If you aren't looking for specific colors or styles, there's usually a decent selection. Since I would wash the clothes anyway before wearing, I don't mind open box. Whenever I get things that are classified as "Used - Like New" or "Used - Very Good", they always have the tags attached and actually look brand new to me (be sure it's sold from Amazon Warehouse, not 3rd party). For example, this xs doggy sweater is $30 brand new, but $13 for Like - New. Amazon.com : Kurgo Dog Jacket, Reversible Winter Jacket for Dogs, Pet Coat for Hiking, Water Resistant, Reflective, Lightweight, Wear with Harness, Athletic, Loft Jacket (River Run, XL), K81086 : Pet Supplies

Have fun with JoJo's wardrobe! She will be stylish and warm!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see some sporty parkas/sweaters from RC Pet (which seems high quality based on the harness I have seen). Here's a sweater that's $42 new, but only $13 for Like New. Now I just might need to do some shopping....
Dog Font Screenshot Carnivore Rectangle

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Also remember that the Havanese Rescue auction is coming up in Sept., and there is generally a selection of gently used Havanese sized clothing in that too!

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Also remember that the Havanese Rescue auction is coming up in Sept., and there is generally a selection of gently used Havanese sized clothing in that too!
Do you know the dates of the auction? I would like some new clothes for Willow too, but it's hard to find anything that really fits her little, long body.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts
Do you know the dates of the auction? I would like some new clothes for Willow too, but it's hard to find anything that really fits her little, long body.
Do a search on the auction, or PM Starr Jow.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,950 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I swear I had responded to this one but don't see it - Perry is cold until it's about 70F outside :) so he spends 1/2 the year (when we're in the US) in a fleece. This is the one we have - and I see it comes in smaller sizes than he wears. He's 11 pounds and wears a medium (and we have multiple colors :) ). It looks like the xsmall fits 3-5 pounders.

Comfort Dog Carnivore Dog supply Dog bed
Tartan Textile Dog breed Plaid Felidae

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I swear I had responded to this one but don't see it - Perry is cold until it's about 70F outside :) so he spends 1/2 the year (when we're in the US) in a fleece. This is the one we have - and I see it comes in smaller sizes than he wears. He's 11 pounds and wears a medium (and we have multiple colors :) ). It looks like the xsmall fits 3-5 pounders.

View attachment 175699 View attachment 175700
Thank you! He looks adorable in his fleeces! I got a few hand-me downs from a coworker who’s puppy was tiny, and we’re getting her used to wearing them. I’ll look at these for the next size up…. At her vaccine appt yesterday they weighed her, and she’s now a whopping 3 lbs 3 oz!! 😊

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Thank you! He looks adorable in his fleeces! I got a few hand-me downs from a coworker who’s puppy was tiny, and we’re getting her used to wearing them. I’ll look at these for the next size up…. At her vaccine appt yesterday they weighed her, and she’s now a whopping 3 lbs 3 oz!! 😊
the nice thing about these is that they're not very expensive and they have a ton of different colors - so you can get a bunch (once she's full size) :) We've got about 5 of those and 2 thinner ones - but the purple one is calling my name right now... might have to get that before it gets cold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts