Havanese Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kristy Loman Chiodo
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with puppy dystrophy? We had our dogs CERF tested yesterday and one was diagnosed with puppy dystrophy.

The examining vet said that it was nothing to be too concerned about and that it should resolve as she grows. I've tried to find informatino on the internet, but it is limited and most keyword searches turn up information on inherited dystrophies. We need to take her back in 3 - 6 months to be retested to see if the issue is reolving itself.

Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I've never heard of it but I'm sure somebody here will have. It must have been frightening to hear. Aside from probably growing out of it, what else did they say?

·
Kristy Loman Chiodo
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was worriesome to hear, even though the vet was very reassuring. The exam as was free if our dogs donated a small amount of blood for cardiac research, so it was a very busy day at the vets. They had quite the organized method of getting dogs through. I was very impressed with the operation.

Also, this was a vet's office that cared for my Oreo when he was coming to the end stages of his mitral valve deterioration. I have a lot of respect for the office and it's staff. I just wish there was more information.

I'm going to call this week and see if they can give me more info.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Kristy, I'm sorry but I don't know anything about it either. Just wanted to say that I'm hoping this will be something she will outgrow. I would ask if it can be inherited, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts