Havanese Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ruth (me) Chester (dog)
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Turns out Chester looooves to rip carpets...can't believe this cute little guy can be sooo mischivious sometimes. lol. We joke that he should be in a carpeting business ripping carpets. :pound:First one lookin' so cute I'd never think he'd do anything wrong. Second rippin' up the carpet and turns out it's puppy reality. Third is the result of mischievious puppies. LOL[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
:) Welcome to puppy hood. Dionna was also very mischievous and she even tore up my very expensive orthodic that was in my shoe. Yep, she dug it out and shredded it. I did not even tell the podiatrist what happened because it sounded like one of those made up excuses children use ("the dog ate my homework").

Chester is adorable. He has similar coloring to Dionna :)

·
Jen, Timmy and Mae
1,672 Posts
Uh oh... that's not good. Looks like confinement in the expen might be in order until you can consistently watch him and get the carpet chewing under control. He needs to be given other options consistently during this period, like being told "no" and be given a proper chew toy. Correction has to be done when he's in the action of chewing, waiting till he's done, even for a few seconds won't teach him. Nip this in the bud, if he's given his own devices and he starts eating that stuff it can't be a good thing. He is very cute though, good thing. :)

·
Beau's Mom
758 Posts
Beau went through the carpet chewing phase, too. I investedincheap area rugs until it passed!!

·
"I AM the Brute Squad"
2,224 Posts
:eek: Carpet can be bad for them. It is stringy and can ball up in their stomaches, not to mention all the nasty chemicals in the carpets. Test a spot behind/under the couch with some bitter apple spray. If it doesn't stain or hurt the carpet, spray the spot he has been chewing. You probably spilled something really good there that only he can smell and taste.

·
Skye's Mom
56 Posts
Skye hasnt attacked the carpet yet, but I had to stop leaving her Kong tennis balls on the floor as she would pull the outer coating (which I believe could be much like carpet fibers) off the balls if not carefully watched. This became a problem when I noticed the strings gathering in her poop. Skye is so young she requires constant monitoring as she always manages to discover something to get into, so I am glad this thread makes me aware of what I need to continue to watch for.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
We had trouble with McGee chewing the edges of the carpet, too, but fortunately, we were using an old area rug while he was being house trained. I still didn't want him thinking it was okay so I sprayed it with bitter apple spray. Once the good rug was down we had no problem! We did wait several months to be sure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts