Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bunni Blu was born this past November, 1.
Does anyone have a puppy really close to the same age and know its weight?
She went to the vet a couple of days ago and I want to know how her weight compares to other puppies her age.

Thanks!!!
Dawna

Or if anyone who is more organized than I am kept records of what their havs weighed at approx. 5 months.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Shelby is 5.5 mos and is 8 lbs. At 5 mos, Kodi was about 6 lbs. Shelby is a bigger puppy than Kodi was. Kodi was next to smallest in his litter. I don't know where Shelby fit in her litter, but the breeder told me she was on the big side.

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Jester turns 6 months this weekend, and I think he is around 9-10 lbs.
He is not big, just solid~!

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
At 4.5 months, Sam weighed 8lbs. He is now almost 15 months and is 15lbs. The last judge I showed him under told me he was too fat:rolleyes: He has a show on Sunday, I wonder what this judge will think;)

You didn't say how much Bunni Blu weighed:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
DD is 10.5 months and has just cleared 7lbs a few weeks ago. She is small but sturdy too. I knew she would be a smaller dog - her father is 10lbs and mom is just over. It was concerning a few months ago because she seemed to stay at 5.5 lbs for some time and even lost a bit at one point.

She's never been much of an eater but there are times when she licks the bowl clean!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Debbie, now I don't feel so bad. Sam seems to be about the same size range as Shelby. You can really see the difference in bodytype when I give them a bath. Shelbie's hind legs are like chicken thighs, nice and meety. Kodi is much leaner. She is a big-boned girl :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lola was 9mos on 3/20 and weighs 10lbs. now. At 5mos she was 6 1/2 lbs.
She loves to eat and I am surprised that she does not weigh more.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
oh my gosh. Cash was born on November 9th and is 9+ lbs already. I think he is going to be a BIG hav. He weighed in at 9 lbs 3 weeks ago at the vets and I am sure he's grown since then. I may have one of those 20lb havs.

·
Karen
3,067 Posts
Brady is a big hav. He is 10 months and weighs almost 17 pounds. He was a singleton (the only one in his litter) so he has been big since day 1. I wish I had kept track of his weight better over the months so I could tell you where he was at each month interval. He has not put on any weight in the last 2 months or so. He loves to eat, but isn't fat, just a very solid dog.

·
Registered
204 Posts
:) Okay, I have a little guy. Skiver was weighed last saturday at the vet's at 19 weeks and weighed 2.9 pounds. (he was born Nov 4th) But since then he already weighs 3.07 (he had hook worm), so I think he will be gaining a lot more now! He now eats like crazy and is no longer picky, so I think it was the hook worm.

Now that we have all the buggies out from the 'previous lodging facility' that he was at, I think he will be gaining faster. But the vet said he will be on the small side.

But good things come in small packages!:)

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Another big boy over here with Ricky weighing in at 16 lbs just now! :eek: He was 15 two weeks ago, but last week, he was closer to 14 ... go figure! He is 8 1/2 mths. old. His mom and dad both weigh 10 lbs, so we thought he'd be about that but he has better ideas I guess. ;)

Our new boy is only 2 weeks younger than Ricky, so almost 8 mths. now and I think he weighs 8 lbs. ! He's much smaller.

There are variations in how much Havs weigh, but I think the norm is between 8 to 13 lbs.

Now Skyver is one tiny Hav!! I'm glad to hear he's got the bugs out of his system.. .poor little guy.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,358 Posts
Wow, we have quite a range in our little Havs. :)

I am glad to hear that Skyver is doing better and gaining. He is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
I am also happy to hear Skiver is doing better now. It is great he now is in good hands. :) I am 5'1" and yes, I agree 100% with you when you stated : "Good things come in small packages" :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks everybody for all the encouragement you gave me and Skiver while he was struggling :)

He's got a pretty good Daddy, too!

Now we just have to teach him that Kleenex is NOT a fun toy......<sigh>

1 - 20 of 43 Posts