Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gryff and Jinx Mommy
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Gryff's dental cleaning today he lost an incisor (the little teeth on the bottom front). They told me it was really loose and it came out during the cleaning. When I told them that I felt like a horrible Mom, they told me that it's more of a breed-specific thing that they are going to want to monitor in the future.

Has anybody had this experience or know of it? I never once heard about loose teeth in Havanese.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
I have not heard that either Ivy....

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Yes, one of mine had to get a tooth pulled with her last cleaning a couple years ago. I notice that another one of hers is loose- and will probably need to come out soon. My vet said the same thing- that most small dogs dont have the best/strongest teeth and can be way more prone to decay etc.

·
Gryff and Jinx Mommy
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that's good. I'd hate to think they accidentally knocked one of Gryff's teeth out! Nah, I didn't really think that, but I was certainly curious. I haven't had a good look at his mouth since he's been so groggy all day. I will wait until he's feeling more himself.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Tom, just today on the Rachel Ray show, she had a vet on giving pet info. One of the things he spoke about was dental hygiene. He spoke about a product that he said was approved in the US - Clenz-a-Dent. They have multiple products including a toothpaste, a product to add to water, and a powder that gets sprinkled on their food. It is identical to Plaque Off.
http://www.clenz-a-dent.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts