Havanese Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have owned 5 male dogs in my adult life. 4 were neutered between 6-10 months. All 4 had wonderful little personalities. I can't imagine that they could have been better. They were active, friendly little dogs. No marking, no humping, no dominance.
The other dog was neutered at 2 years when I bought him from a family who didn't want him in their house. He was a Bichon Frise. He was overweight, lazy, tried to fight every other dog, marked wherever he felt like it, indoors, outdoors, on walls, shoes, furniture. He could also be very nasty. I think that he was abused by the family. He hated my other male Bichon. His upbringing was questionable. I had him neutered and eventually my parents begged me to let them have him for their own. He was a good pet for my parent's slower lifestyle. Being the only dog in the house was a better fit.
I will continue to have my male dogs neutered since I will never be a breeder and I need the option to board them. I have never seen any downside to neutering.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts