29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: PinkDaisies

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Well, we are all back home… a day early! Poor Dave got some sort of nasty swelling in his right wrist and his left elbow. He went to urgent care out there on Suday, because I was concerned it might be cellulitis, which he is prone to. Fortunately, they DIDN’T think it was that, but thought it might be “pseudo-gout”, which he has also had before, but in his ankle. He slept most of the day on Monday, and I told him that I wanted to come home today, in case he started to feel worse, so that we could be closer to his own medical team. So, here we are! It was another beautiful day, and a lovely ride. We took our time packing up after a nice leisurely breakfast.

So now I can share some more of the photos that I COULDN’T share before because of the poor internet connection up there!

“Camping toys” these toys live in the trailer so they are “special”. We only get to see them when we go on vacations. This was Ducky’s first chance to play with them!
Dog Vertebrate Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore

The couch is low, and he can get up on it all by himself! (Plus he is allowed!) fun!
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Couch Carnivore

Learning that he is NOT allowed to climb over into the dinette! LOL!
Dog Dog breed Comfort Wood Liver

Kodi and Dave sharing banana… and yes, I know, Kodi is in the dinette. What can I say? Different rules… LOL! (And Kodi DOES know to stay off the table,Ducky doesn’t)
Watch Dog Vision care Tableware Carnivore

Chomping down banana! (A little blurry, but fun!)
Dog Comfort Dog breed Mammal Carnivore

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Ducky hiking with his big brother. This is really the first time we’ve let Ducky walk any distance on leash. His walks still weren’t very long or strenuous, but he had. WONDERFUL time and was really well behaved!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply Fawn

Our beautiful campsite tucked away in the trees.
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

And our “dog yard”. When we just had Kodi, we had him on a tie out. With three, (and now four!) the pens are MUCH nicer!
Property Table Furniture Chair Wood

Here are Dave and Pixel down by the river. I told you they were there too! LOL!
Jeans Water resources Plant Plant community Leg

Ducky on his favorite perch.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Felidae Fence

While Kodi and Pixel prefer the bed Grandma Pam made for Kodi when he was a puppy! That bed has been camping with us for twelve years!
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Comfort Carnivore

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
The scenery along the Ausable River is just beautiful!
Water Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape

This is actually in the camp ground, on one of our walks.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Road surface Wood

Ducky’s first camp fire.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Gas

And yes, Pixel and Kodi were there too! :ROFLMAO:
Plant Dog Smile Tree Outdoor recreation

Leisure Wood Morning Tree Gas

There is also a little dog park in the camp ground that we visited one day. There was no one there and Ducky is fully vaccinated now, so we let them play off leash for a bit. Ducky enjoyed the dog walk!
Dog Dog breed Tree Carnivore Companion dog

The foliage was JUST starting to turn while we were up there!
Natural environment Natural landscape Branch Orange Twig

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Oh I love all these photos! That's a good idea to have just camping toys that stay in the rig. Wish I had thought of that when we were able to go out.
It’s easier than having to remember to pack some each time! (And then they think they are “new” when they see them again! LOL)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ohh such a lovely trip, the pics were fantastic! One better than the other and then the pic of Ducky in front of the campfire 🔥 🏕🥰!!! I am sorry to hear about Dave. How is he feeling now?

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Ohh such a lovely trip, the pics were fantastic! One better than the other and then the pic of Ducky in front of the campfire 🔥 🏕🥰!!! I am sorry to hear about Dave. How is he feeling now?
About the same. It just so happened that he had a physical scheduled for this morning anyway, so he’s off to the Dr’s now!

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
Great photos! Looks like you had a fun trip! I visited Massachusetts in my 20's and remember how beautiful it was in October. 🍁🍂 Hoping Dave will be feeling better soon. DH had pseudogout in his knee six months ago. He was in so much pain! After aspirating 175cc he was ok!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Great photos! Looks like you had a fun trip! I visited Massachusetts in my 20's and remember how beautiful it was in October. 🍁🍂 Hoping Dave will be feeling better soon. DH had pseudogout in his knee six months ago. He was in so much pain! After aspirating 175cc he was ok!
WELL, turns out the urgent care place had it ALL wrong, and I was right. The wrist was a ganglion cyst which is what I'd first thought. It ruptured, which is what caused the diffuse swelling in his hand and the pain there. The swelling in his elbow was unrelated... it WAS cellulitis. He is now on antibiotics. So it's a good thing we came home.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
WELL, turns out the urgent care place had it ALL wrong, and I was right. The wrist was a ganglion cyst which is what I'd first thought. It ruptured, which is what caused the diffuse swelling in his hand and the pain there. The swelling in his elbow was unrelated... it WAS cellulitis. He is now on antibiotics. So it's a good thing we came home.
I get ganglion cysts in both wrists - but generally they just reabsorb - never had one rupture (though my Dr, years ago, did say that the easiest way to get rid of them if they were bothering me was to smack them with a book to break them :) ), that doesn't sound pleasant!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
I get ganglion cysts in both wrists - but generally they just reabsorb - never had one rupture (though my Dr, years ago, did say that the easiest way to get rid of them if they were bothering me was to smack them with a book to break them :) ), that doesn't sound pleasant!
Yeah, considering what has happened to Dave, I WOULDN'T suggest the breaking route! It has been quite painful, and that is WITHOUT any smacking!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Amazing pictures Karen😍😍😍😍. Thanks so much for sharing🤗. I love how you all love each other so much and Kodi has truly taken to Ducky now too☺

Wow well done insisting on cutting short the trip! Sending Dave get well prayers. Xx

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
Ducky has started helping with laundry!

Carnivore Wood Pet supply Chair Porcelain

·
Metrowest, MA
29,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
And I HOPE this is the start of something good, but THIS happened last night! Progress!

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Water dog

·
Registered
368 Posts
And I HOPE this is the start of something good, but THIS happened last night! Progress!

View attachment 175897
Ohhhh, so very sweet! 🥰
I spot that This End Up sofa there! We had the same one back in apt. days and LOVED it but they were going out of business as we were looking to replace the cushions. We moved into our home and gave it away. I hope it’s still kicking around somewhere as it was made so well. Not sure if the wood was oak?

341 - 360 of 388 Posts