Havanese Forum banner
361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Ohhhh, so very sweet! 🥰
I spot that This End Up sofa there! We had the same one back in apt. days and LOVED it but they were going out of business as we were looking to replace the cushions. We moved into our home and gave it away. I hope it’s still kicking around somewhere as it was made so well. Not sure if the wood was oak?
Yes, it's oak, and you CAN get replacement cushions! We replaced these a few years ago! We got the couch and love seat over 30 years ago, just before our first son was born, and we built our family room. (first addition) We wanted something kid-proof. It certainly was! When we built the second addition, which added the offices downstairs and our main bedroom/bath upstairs, (the room where the puppies were USED to be the main bedroom!) we moved the This End Up couch into Dave's office (which is really as much "man cave" as office... it includes TV and beer fridge! LOL!) and got the leather couches for the family room. A few years ago I got the new cushions for him for Christmas. They weren't cheap, but they were very good quality, and look SO much better!

Reactions: LeleRF

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
What a good little helper! I’m impressed that he didn’t steal anything!
He was probably THINKING about it... LOL!

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Aww Pixel and Ducky getting cozy!! 💓
We are getting CLOSE to Pixel and Panda's level of interaction. With them, they get along about 90-95% of the time... With Duck and Pixel, I'd say it's closer to 75% of the time, but it's improving! He just has to be careful on every approach and see what kind of mood the "Crazy Auntie" is in THIS time! Does she want to play? (and when she does, she's GREAT!!!) Or is she going to take my head off? LOL!

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes, it's oak, and you CAN get replacement cushions! We replaced these a few years ago! We got the couch and love seat over 30 years ago, just before our first son was born, and we built our family room. (first addition) We wanted something kid-proof. It certainly was! When we built the second addition, which added the offices downstairs and our main bedroom/bath upstairs, (the room where the puppies were USED to be the main bedroom!) we moved the This End Up couch into Dave's office (which is really as much "man cave" as office... it includes TV and beer fridge! LOL!) and got the leather couches for the family room. A few years ago I got the new cushions for him for Christmas. They weren't cheap, but they were very good quality, and look SO much better!
Oh wow! We had gone to visit their store in the Northshore Mall, Peabody, at the time and saw they were going out of business so we just decided to get new. Cushions ARE expensive! Just replaced our patio cushions and were lucky to have found a deal at Overstock.

I saw someone had noted about Ducky trying to steal the laundry 🧺 and it made me think of how funny Chase is when he steals something like a shoe, cap, etc. As soon as he hears us start to say the ‘drop it’ command he runs into his pen and carrier and tries to hide it! It’s quite funny BUT we really do need to practice it more. He’ll do it perfectly when we are deliberate about it, as in training class but the real life situation when we don’t have treats in our hands at the time tells us we need to practice more.

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
I saw someone had noted about Ducky trying to steal the laundry 🧺 and it made me think of how funny Chase is when he steals something like a shoe, cap, etc. As soon as he hears us start to say the ‘drop it’ command he runs into his pen and carrier and tries to hide it! It’s quite funny BUT we really do need to practice it more. He’ll do it perfectly when we are deliberate about it, as in training class but the real life situation when we don’t have treats in our hands at the time tells us we need to practice more.
For that EXACT reason, I don’t even use that command with Ducky yet in real life situations. I KNOW he won’t comply, so I don’t want to hive him a chance to practice non-compliance. So I just quietly follow him and in a cheery voice take what ever it is back, say “That’s not yours!” And give him a cookie instead! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Ducky and I (and the rest of our family!) have something to look forward to! Miss Luna is going to come stay with us over the Columbus Day weekend while her family goes to a wedding! What fun that will be!!!

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Road surface Collar

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
OMG, that is awesome! She’s such a doll! Hmmm, that may be a good weekend to pick up the table! 😜
Now, THAT would be fun!!! 💕

Reactions: GoWithTheFlo

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
Luna can’t come… 😢. She got a nail caught in the sidewalk and tore it. She is staying home, on rest, with antibiotics, the “cone of shame” and her “big human sister” to baby sit her for the weekend.

We will miss seeing her, but her mom promises that they will come over for a get-together after her foot feels better!

• Sad
Reactions: Sheri

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Luna can’t come… 😢. She got a nail caught in the sidewalk and tore it. She is staying home, on rest, with antibiotics, the “cone of shame” and her “big human sister” to baby sit her for the weekend.

We will miss seeing her, but her mom promises that they will come over for a get-together after her foot feels better!
Awwww poor Luna!

Perry can sympathize with the cone since his is back on til his stitches come out

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Awwww poor Luna!

Perry can sympathize with the cone since his is back on til his stitches come out
Poor Perry! Panda ripped a nail a couple of years ago in the winter and found herself “coned” for a few days too! LOL!
Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers Dog breed

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Ducky had his second excellent camping adventure this weekend... This time on the shore of a river in VT. He thought it was "Just Ducky", and he is very much getting into the groove of being a "campin' Dog"!

Plant Plant community Tree Tire Leaf

Beak Bird Grass Plant Feather

Plant Plant community Land lot Natural landscape Tree

Dog Vertebrate Plant Carnivore Dog breed

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Chair Road surface

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·