Havanese Forum banner
401 - 420 of 439 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
I haven't heard back yet on his blood work, but wanted you all to know that he's acting right as rain today! Fortunately, just like little kids, puppies bounce back quickly! :) (And ALSO, fortunately, he never did get any diarrhea!, which the vet had said was possible! I HATE dealing with that with the "fluffy butts"!)

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
I haven't heard back yet on his blood work, but wanted you all to know that he's acting right as rain today! Fortunately, just like little kids, puppies bounce back quickly! :) (And ALSO, fortunately, he never did get any diarrhea!, which the vet had said was possible! I HATE dealing with that with the "fluffy butts"!)
I had to deal with the diarrhea once. Middle of the night, all over her crate, all over the carpet, all over her butt, tummy and legs. 🧻🧻🧻 Ugh. Not fun!

I'm so glad to hear Ducky is feeling normal. Please post an update on the blood work when you get it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Y
so glad to hear!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
They called me early this evening, all bloodwork was normal! Yay! So the likelihood is that he picked up a little something at the dog show. But he’s feeling food again now! YAY!!! ❤

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
This morning, Ducky is very busy supervising our gardener!

Dog Plant Chair Porch Yellow

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
From ShamaPapa:

Well gardening sometimes rustles up a rabbit or two for a good chase. And Rabbits are EVIL! Her Royal Highness loves working in the garden just to get those rodents out of her yard..
He's making sure that Andy listened to Mama and gets it JUST RIGHT!!! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
Don’t disappoint him- he clearly has very exacting standards!
That is HIS back yard! He wants it to be done RIGHT!!! LOL!

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
THIS is what happens EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT… for at least half an hour, often longer. I will only subject you to about a minute of it.

Panda USED to get upset about it. Now she just rolls her eyes and stalks off… UNLESS they start it on the bed. Then all bets are off. Mama dog is NOT having THAT! And she goes after Kodi with a ROAR! He then comes slinking over to me like a whipped puppy. I tell him, “Oh well! I TOLD you there’s no fooling around on the bed!” …and everyone lays down! :ROFLMAO:

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
Ducky’s show photos all showed up today!

Glasses Smile Dog Vision care Sunglasses

Dog Plant Flower Carnivore Coat

Dog Outerwear Plant Dog breed Carnivore

What I love about the two win photos is how beautifully he self stacked on both days. I didn’t need to fuss with his feet or fiddle with him to get him to stand or get his tail up. He just hopped right up and said, “Here I am!” :)

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
He's adorable! You have done a wonderful job with him. I loved looking through all your Raising Ducky posts. I'm a hopeful future Havanese momma. I learned a lot from you! Thank you,

Martine
Thank YOU! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Oh my word! I haven't been able to keep up with the forum lately and I've missed so much! Ducky has gotten so big! And gorgeous! Congratulations to Ducky and to you for your training!
Thank you! I forgot how tiny Willow is! I think of him as my "Little Tyke", but you're right, at almost 9 lbs now, I bet he IS bigger than Willow! 💕

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
Thank you! I forgot how tiny Willow is! I think of him as my "Little Tyke", but you're right, at almost 9 lbs now, I bet he IS bigger than Willow! 💕
Well, actually, Willow is on a diet now. I weighed her on my bathroom scale a couple of days ago and she weighed 9 lbs.! That's the heaviest she has ever been. I like to keep her at about 7.5 to 8 lbs. I've let her coat grow out and now that she has a full coat, I wonder how much extra all that hair would weigh!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
Well, actually, Willow is on a diet now. I weighed her on my bathroom scale a couple of days ago and she weighed 9 lbs.! That's the heaviest she has ever been. I like to keep her at about 7.5 to 8 lbs. I've let her coat grow out and now that she has a full coat, I wonder how much extra all that hair would weigh!
LOL! Even a LOT of hair doesn't weigh very much... it just hides a lot!

401 - 420 of 439 Posts