Havanese Forum banner
601 - 620 of 625 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
And…

Best of Winners, for a three point Major! We are up to 11 points now! (Out of 15 needed)

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
He looks so grown up! I love seeing how connected he is to you.
What I can hardly believe, myself, is that at only a year old, he understands the difference between “gaiting” like this, being out in front of me on a mostly loose lead, as opposed to ”heeling” right at my side, with attention, and looking up at me. I don’t know how I got so lucky! I know that I’ve put in a lot of training. But still, he really IS pretty special!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wow, congratulations to you and Ducky (and proud mama Panda!) He does truly look like a natural, though I know it’s the product of a huge amount of work as well!

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
Wow, congratulations to you and Ducky (and proud mama Panda!) He does truly look like a natural, though I know it’s the product of a huge amount of work as well!
I won’t say that there hasn’t been work involved, but he does make it pretty easy for a total novice to look good! ❤

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
That's interesting about the gaiting and heeling. I really didn't not about that. I also noticed the symmetrical coloring on his two butt cheeks! I know that Ducky does as well as he does due to your dedication. Three cheers for Karen and Ducky! 👍

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
Ducky continued his winning ways today (and charming the judge on the way ;) ) at the Rhode Island Kennel Club, going Best of Winners and Best of Opposite Sex!
Dog Smile Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

·
Registered
712 Posts
Beautiful little Ducky! Do we address you as Champion Ducky now?
Congratulations to you and Ducky on another winning performance. He is going to have more ribbons than Kodi soon.

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
Beautiful little Ducky! Do we address you as Champion Ducky now?
Congratulations to you and Ducky on another winning performance. He is going to have more ribbons than Kodi soon.
Nope! Not a champion yet! And he’s got a LONG way to go to catch up with Kodi, but he IS off to a brilliant start! ❤

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
His little dance toward the judge at the end is everything! Personality and looks- congrats to you both! ❤
You can hear everyone laughing at him! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
From ShamaPapa:

I swear if you look closely when the judge is first looking Ducky in the face, Ducky appears to be thinking . . . "Should I lick this guy's nose? I think I should, but what would Mama want me to do? Better not." :LOL:
LOL! He doesn’t USUALLY jump on the judge, but this guy invited it, so…

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Congratulations! I don't know anything much about showing, but I'm so impressed. Is he competing just with other Havanese or all breeds? That was so cute when he danced on his hind legs up to the judge! Could something like that detract from scoring in other cases? I bet you are a proud mama!

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
Congratulations! I don't know anything much about showing, but I'm so impressed. Is he competing just with other Havanese or all breeds? That was so cute when he danced on his hind legs up to the judge! Could something like that detract from scoring in other cases? I bet you are a proud mama!
They compete only against Havanese unless they win "Best of Breed". The "Best of Breed" advances to compete in the"Toy Group", and then, if they win the Toy group. they would advance to compete in "Best in Show". But Ducky is a L O N G way from that! Dogs who compete at that level are generally "Specials"... Dogs who have already completed their championship. He's not there yet.

And no, Ducky would never jump on the judge without an invitation, (and if he were likely to, I wouldn't allow him to!) In this case, the judge invited him to, and I thought it would be rude not to let him. So the judge certainly wouldn't count it against him, when he asked for it! :) Havanese are specifically known for their happy, friendly personality, and the judges do like to see that. A Havanese should not be stand-offish.

If Ducky did it without being ASKED, the judge might not like it, but I don't think he would. He has had one other judge invite him in, and he reacted like this, but with all the other judges, he has just stood at a polite distance and wagged his tail.

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
A couple of show photos that just came in of Ducky!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Road surface Fence

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Floor Fawn

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
Oh doesn’t he look pleased as punch with himself in this second picture☺☺☺☺ And rightfully so too!
I love the flying mustache!!!

601 - 620 of 625 Posts