Havanese Forum banner
661 - 671 of 671 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #661 ·
That last photo DEFINITELY needs to be on his dating profile 😂😂😂
I AM blowing it up for the front of his records binder!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
I may be growing up, but I STILL love cuddling with my Mom!
Dog breed Dog Carnivore Comfort Mammal

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
We hit another milestone in growing up today... Ducky's ex-pen got put away. <sniff> Feels like no more puppy, though I know that in spite of his long coat, he IS still a puppy in many ways! How far we have come!!!

Vertebrate Product Mesh Pet supply Mammal

Now, you MIGHT think that "perfectly well behaved" means not potting inappropriately, but that really hasn't been the problem... Jumping up on my desk and destroying with things has been the bigger problem in the past! LOL! Fortunately, he seems to have outgrown THAT delightful habit!
Dog Wood Carnivore Floor Flooring

My office does have a gate, and he is being gated in here with Panda when we are out of the house, but we have been doing that for a couple of weeks now with the pen open, and he has been perfectly well behaved, so it was time for the pen to go!
Property Dog Window Wood Interior design

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
We hit another milestone in growing up today... Ducky's ex-pen got put away. <sniff> Feels like no more puppy, though I know that in spite of his long coat, he IS still a puppy in many ways! How far we have come!!!

View attachment 178554

Now, you MIGHT think that "perfectly well behaved" means not potting inappropriately, but that really hasn't been the problem... Jumping up on my desk and destroying with things has been the bigger problem in the past! LOL! Fortunately, he seems to have outgrown THAT delightful habit!
View attachment 178555

My office does have a gate, and he is being gated in here with Panda when we are out of the house, but we have been doing that for a couple of weeks now with the pen open, and he has been perfectly well behaved, so it was time for the pen to go!
View attachment 178556
Where did you get that water bottle stand?

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Registered
943 Posts

View attachment 178554

View attachment 178555

View attachment 178556
Ducky behaving imperfectly?!? I can’t believe such terrible accusations! I’m sure some OTHER puppy snuck in and shredded all that wonderful paper 😂

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
Ducky behaving imperfectly?!? I can’t believe such terrible accusations! I’m sure some OTHER puppy snuck in and shredded all that wonderful paper 😂
I might believe you except that he was caught red (white?) handed! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
I am flipping this back into the “Raising Ducky” thread, because it is very much a part of raising my baby show dog. As much a thrill as or wins last week were, (when I had mpno one there to video us) this week, at much bigger shows, with video of his two days of competition so far has been very instructive For me. He is definitely learning the ropes of the “Special” ring, and becoming much stronger and more confident. These are all grabs from video, so please forgive the poor quality of the photos!

Here he was on Thursday. Certainly not “bad”, but just sort of trotting along at my side. This was plenty to get him the points he needed for his championship… NOT enough for a special. You can also tell from the length of my stride, I am not walking particularly fast.
Car Plant Grass Sky Tree

Dog Car Carnivore Grass Tree

Dog Tent Carnivore Car Grass

This was today in comparison. A VERY different picture! THIS is a more exciting dog! He was NOT rushing, and was still on a loose lead. He was not pulling on the lead at all. But I had to take LONG strides and walk FAST to keep up with him. He was really showing the “reach and drive” you want to see in our breed.
Dog Car Tent Dog breed Mammal

(cont. below)

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
Dog Grass Recreation Leisure Sports

And here are just a couple of cute ones of him while we were waiting in line… because he IS so cute!!! I am learning every time we step into the special ring too. I watch carefully, and learn from the other competitors. Sometimes just by watching, but I am lucky that at least in this area, the other owner handlers are very willing to share their knowledge with a newcomer. Every single special in the ring this weekend is being handled by an owner handler!

Dog Carnivore Mammal Grass Dog breed

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Fawn

Carnivore Dog breed Grass Companion dog Plant

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
31,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
They could have nicer looking grass for little Ducky. How could his little feet stay so clean?
I love how he looks at you. He looks so happy.
LOL! We have had a terrible drought here this summer! The grass is bad everywhere! and yes, we love working with each other! 💕

Reactions: Melissa Brill
661 - 671 of 671 Posts