Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Im mossimo and I eat my own poop!...
Arent we alittle early to start this nasty habit!

Looks like I know how I will be spending my Friday night, reading all the threads on this forum about other dogs who eat their poop! I did a quick search before I went crazy that Mossimo was an outcast! When I get home hes going to need a good mouth brushin! :brushteeth:

Pineapple, pumpkin, meat tenderizer? These are all safe for 10 week old puppies? I sure hope so!

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
dogs will be dogs. yeah check the old posts. I know I've posted a couple of good article links.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Lol fashion. I remember my first discovering Cash did that.... I never thought I would love a poop eater! And quite frankly, I prefer it to my poop roller Jasper, who rolls in the stinkiest of other creatures poop.

You'll read all the posts for solutions... But for such incidenses I like the Petz Life dental spray. Luckily Cash isn't a kisser.

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
Ugh, the worst! The good news is, most grow out of doing it. Mine, unfortunately did not. I tried everything and while she won't do it in front of me the second I turn my back all bets are off...and she's a kisser:puke:

Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found the only thing that really works...pick it up as soon as it hits the ground!!!

3,646 Posts
What amazes me is everyone worrys about the best dog food, andthe best taste and the dog will eat poop.
:pound::pound:

My Augie is just about perfect.....except for this nasty habit/trait. We pick up his poop immediately, and I have to make sure Finn has gone potty before I put them out in the play yard together.....because Augie will stand behind Finn and wait for the treat to come hot from the oven. :puke: And I can't believe I just told you all this disgusting thing. :jaw:

·
Teresita
1,534 Posts
hahahaha I just laugh so much with your posts. I know, it's not funny at all. Mine don't eat poop but when they smell it... I think they will take a bite and I want to scream... just in case. :)

·
Mom to Quincy and Myka
413 Posts
If I don't watch him, Quincy will still do it and he just turned six months old. We are working on "leave it" and I have found that if I keep him distracted by talking and he's paying attention to me, he doesn't try to do the pretzel twist and reach around for it lol. It's funny because first thing in the morning, he goes and doesn't think about it. Any other time, I have to keep his focus on me. It is gross, but I'm hoping he grows out of it. If it's someone else's or old, he doesn't want anything to do with it. The fresher the better ;)

Oh, and if I don't clean it up right away, the next time we go out, he will go right over there and sit until I get the scooper. Very helpful if it's o'dark thirty and I leave it until the sun comes up, then forget where it is. He ALWAYS remembers!

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
:pound::pound:

My Augie is just about perfect.....except for this nasty habit/trait. We pick up his poop immediately, and I have to make sure Finn has gone potty before I put them out in the play yard together.....because Augie will stand behind Finn and wait for the treat to come hot from the oven. :puke: And I can't believe I just told you all this disgusting thing. :jaw:
OMG Linda! That really made me laugh, Augie and Piper sound like the perfect match. So cute, yet so disgusting :)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Mig did it too. The only thing that worked was time. I think he's pretty over doing that now, but I probably just jinxed myself. He'll eat rabbit poop though.

·
"I AM the Brute Squad"
2,224 Posts
Yup, welcome to the club.

Pumpkin worked for us. A teaspoon of 100% canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie with each meal. We had to feed it to Jack and Nessie because Jack thought Nessie's poop was yummy, too. Blech!

·
"I AM the Brute Squad"
2,224 Posts
haven't a clue. Apparently, it makes the poop undesirable. smell? taste?

Pumpkin seems to be a cure for all things poopy. Loose poop, hard poop, poop-eating - pumpkin does it all. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Monday you come way too quickly!.
So we used some pumpkin in his food all weekend and when we came back from food shopping there were poops on the pad!! yay!!...
I also sprayed some bitter apple spray on his poops the other day and walked away I dont think he liked that very much.
ME 1 - Poops 0..... Hopefully this is a good step forward!

·
WyHaven Havanese
88 Posts
My sister swears a little pineapple in the food works. I'm sure mine don't eat poop because I have too much to scoop!!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Mine have outgrown it but I think McGee still partakes every once in a while! If he looks suspicious I knock on the window to distract.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts