Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 week Hav loves to fetch. We have been practicing exchanging toys so he drops it before I throw again. He still hasn’t discovered his back brakes. His front legs stop on a dime but his back legs go straight up in the air. He’s so cute and loves us throw his toys.

But - today one of my friends posted this (bear in mind I don’t use a ball thrower and we have a small back yard and a short carpeted hallway). Still, it got me thinking. Why this is one of the most damaging things you can buy for your dog....

what say you?

·
Metrowest, MA
32,246 Posts
You want to watch anything that is repetitive with young puppies. It is SO much fun to play fetch with them, and it's FINE in moderation! But vary it with other training too! There is SO much he has to learn!!! Use this high energy time to be teaching him new things, and use a toss of the ball as a reward!

·
Registered
948 Posts
One of my dogs fetched balls til he couldn't anymore. He loved it. As a puppy, it could be constant. As he grew older, he still liked it but was not obsessed! It was easy exercise that would tucker him out, indoors or outdoors.
He was almost 19 when he died.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts