Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this picture to show Pam, who was in another part of the house. Ruby's puppies have been spending time out in the house, and most of their time during the day in their larger playpen. I don't believe there has been one accident.

We both had a laugh at this little girl in the picture. I had just thrown that bed on the step and box that the Mom uses to get in the sleeping pen to nurse them, to give the puppies more room to run around.

She had climbed onto the step, and into the bed. After we had our laugh, I went back to check on the puppies, and watched in amazement as she was climbing to the highest part of that bed, laid down and rolled intentionally off, into the bed. She very calmly popped up, and walked over into their litterbox in the sleeping pen, and squatted.

I went back to tell Pam what she had just done, and when I went back to the puppies again, another one had climbed into that bed. The other two were sleeping in the play pen, like the one under the step. I just put them all back in their sleeping pen, and they laid down and went to sleep.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They haven't started using the slide yet. I'm sure she laid down and rolled over to get out of that bed on purpose. I'm convinced she knew where she was going. King of the Mountain is one of the puppy games at this age.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have spent long play sessions in the house with us and the pack at night. All our dogs are really good with, and good for the puppies.

We sometimes have to watch our younger ones with them, but I'm so proud of Sparkle. I think she's only like 20 weeks old, and is the absolute best thing with the puppies. She will play with them, but not a lot of running and jumping. She keeps all four of her feet on the floor when one is close, and does mouth sparing with it. They'll try to nurse her, and she'll just lift one leg and let them try, but they don't try for long. I don't believe she's ever knocked one over. I don't think we've ever had a young one so gentle with the little ones from the very start.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those puppies had been playing in their play pen right outside their sleeping pen after a long session out in the house. Ruby wanted to go in, so I let her in. She hopped onto the step, onto the box, and into the sleeping pen. All four of the puppies followed her right up the two steps, and jumped in landing on their bedding on all four feet at the same time, with not a single stumble.

They can't get back out yet because the wooden box is a little over a foot tall, but I don't think it will be long until we do away with that. Ruby has stopped nursing them, but she still thinks she needs to try, and they're willing, but it doesn't last long because they have some teeth now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts