Havanese Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for sharing! It does seem to make sense that one would want to spread out the delivery of the vaccines.
i thought it was interesting too that they mention the risk is higher for neutered dogs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i thought it was interesting too that they mention the risk is higher for neutered dogs.
Right! Also the age surprised me too at first (increased risk in the 1-3 yrs vs 2-9 mos), thinking older dogs would fare better but maybe the protection from mother’s milk is the difference. Interesting stuff!

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right! Also the age surprised me too at first (increased risk in the 1-3 yrs vs 2-9 mos), thinking older dogs would fare better but maybe the protection from mother’s milk is the difference. Interesting stuff!
This could be because the dog is over vaccinated at that point which may have more to do with it than anything else. However, the study does not mention this. Anyway, some good points but as with all studies must be taken with a grain of salt!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,219 Posts
Thank you for sharing! It does seem to make sense that one would want to spread out the delivery of the vaccines.
REALLY important, IMO, and MOST vets will comply with that one for the asking, and for no extra cost. They just have the subsequent vaccines given by a tech because they have already seen the animal. Of course, I give so few vaccines there are never any that need doubling up anyway. ;)

Reactions: mudpuppymama
1 - 6 of 6 Posts