Havanese Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's something that you probably don't want to think about but at some point there will probably need to be rules and consequences for breaking those rules established.

For instance on the COTH Forums there is no advertising allowed. Posters get very creative about ways to try to disguise ads. For instance, " I have a horse that I want to sell who does x x x x x xx and I'm thinking about asking $xxxx. Where would be a good place to advertise him?" Or stallion owners jumping all over a thread where someone who asks about good matches for their mare. There are penalties of being banned for a few days to start with but some get banned permanently.

Personal attacks are dealt with quickly and severly. I've seen several get banned permanently by complaining about a warning from the moderator because they got really nasty personally.

The chronic complainers haven't found this Forums yet. A good trainwreck would really get things going. Let me know if you want me to start one.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
I have been giving this a lot of thought.
While I dont want people selling dogs on the site, Im not opposed to them
showing pictures of litters as happy breeders.

I dont want to have tooo many rules. But yes, people have to repect each other. I wont let someone be just down right nasty.

As far as advertising products and other things, Im all for it and it has its own section. I have found so many great things by someone mentioning it. As long as it stays in that section people dont have to be burdened with it unless they go there.

Ill start writing some things up and see what yall think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts