Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am at the San Antonio shows this weekend. I have friends who live here so I decided to come down and show Stogie. Well let Janice show Stogie, I should say.

They showed yesterday and there are three boy specials and a few class entries. The numbers were pretty low. The judge yesterday dumped all three specials, all nice boys, ( if I do say so myself) and put a 6 month old puppy Best of Breed. Not saying their was anything wrong with the puppy, however I guess Im not sure how he beat an AOM winner at Westminster.

Rumor has it the judge has a Hav special of her own, and dumped all the specials in two other breeds also. Maybe she has a beef with handlers, who knows?

It's nice to find a judge who gives owner handlers a chance, as its very difficult to compete with the pros. However, I was a little dumbfounded with the decisions yesterday.

We show this afternoon and Ill take some pics. I have to hide so its hard to get too many. But Ill try!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing today! Joan ( Stogies breeder) decided to sit RIGHT in front of the ring. Well he recognized her and did some pretty flops and circles while he was walking. Ha! Sky who was bred by Cherie Belcher and owned by Dina Planche took breed and he did look marvelous!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Stogie is still number #1 with us. Goldie too! It is funny I told my breeder about this forum and she said "I heard of Melissa Miller." She is a great photographer too. Of course I had to brag that Stogie was at Westminster.:cool:

I think I will send her an invitation to join. She seemed interested.:)

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
San Antonio is normally about 4 1/2 hours. Coming home today it was bad, as the weather and traffic were awful. Spring Break started for some.

Today Stogie acted like he had never been in a ring before. Janice had a ring conflict so someone else was showing him. He must have not liked the new lady. He was ALL over the place. I took some video, if I get it to work, Ill post it on here.
OH well it was still an experience.

I decided showing is like Golf. Its so frustrating until you get that great shot, then you are addicted all over again.

I think Ill be showing him in Oklahoma City and at Nationals myself...maybe....hehe.

I told Stogie all the forumites said he won...he is thrilled....lol

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
It would be so much fun to watch Stogie show:) ....being in West Central IL does have it's downfalls! :rolleyes: You mentioned golf....I'm going to try to teach Izzy to ride in the golf cart with me this summer. Our club is a very small, 9 hole course and many times you are the only one out there during the day, so it shouldn't be any problem. I hope she likes it so I don't feel quilty leaving her at home!! And yes, it is a very frustrating game! It's more relaxing in the evening with a beer or glass of wine!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts