Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellow Bay Area folks...Now that weather is getting nicer we should get our kids together..I would love to meet them all and all the mommies and/or daddies! I live in Danville - maybe a half way point between south bay and north bay and we have a 2 great doggie parks that have special areas for little ones!! Anyone interested in me suggesting a date?!? Maybe we could bring lunch (it is a real park too - not just a doggie park!) and more than that downtown danville is hugely dog friendly and a great place to shop with "the kids"!

Catherine

Oh...Ollie got his summer cut yesterday - i hardly recognize him! - He looks soooo little...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi
I would love to meet you as well but I have just come back down to the desert .
Hopefully you can find some people right away but do not give up on me maybe we could do something a little later when I get back .. Hopefully we can find a convenient place to meet so the dogs have have a great playdate and we can get to know each other better .

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Well if this isn't a great excuse to revisit my favorite city of all, I dont' know what is! :) We were in S.F. once, July 1997 and I fell in love with it. I hope to go back .... I can bring the potato salad if you like!! ;) LOL

·
Susan
4,063 Posts
Catherine,

Would this include the "just outside the Bay Area" folks too? :) We live in Tracy. McKenna and Sedona LOVE play dates.

Susan

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
You rang? :D

I'm a bit hesitant to meet at a dog park, at least until the weather warms up conisistently (drying out any easily transmitted diseases that sit in the wet grasses). I have puppies on the way (well, not me, but Tinky) and am minimizing exposure for a while.

Maybe it would be easier to meet at someone's house? If we started doing this regularly, we could even rotate.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,362 Posts
I would love to meet, but can we split the difference between Denville and San Francisco? I will have to have my hubby drive the kids to their respective weekend activites (those happen every weekend, rain or shine) and will have to take my big guys for a run before Bugsy and I can leave for a playdate, so distance is of an issue. :)

Oh...Ollie got his summer cut yesterday
Pictures please!!! :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I have family in Alameda and Pacific Palisades. I could alway plan a visit an bring Kodi and Shelby along, too :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all Tracy is the Bay Area!!! Secondly I did not know the about the dog park issue -disease etc... Ours is closed from December till March - does that make any difference? I would be happy to have it at my house - I have a fenced in backyard - not huge but great for little ones to run and play! and a gravel side yard for duties!!! I would be happy to start this and then we could move to other houses as time goes on....I am flexible with where tho - and for those of you who want an excuse to come visit...this would be a great one!!

:D :D :D

Catherine

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
I'd like to suggest that when you do decide to make a get-together official or iron out the details (and I'm SOOO envious!) that you do it via pm's (private messages). I'm always leary of writing personal details in public forums like this and would hate for anything negative to come of it.

Sorry..... had to butt in. Now I feel like a big sister! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Another SF havanese family would like to join in!

·
Mom of Brutus and Roxie
2,152 Posts
Yesterday Ollie, Catherine, Maddie, Jean, Brutus and myself met in Danville. It was Brutus' first play date with other Havanese. He and I had a great time. I will try to post pictures later when I have some time to figure out the sizing thing again.

BTW--I am up for a SF get to gether as well.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Oooooooo, you lucky people!! I'd love to meet up with other Hav owners! I'm glad you had a great time - oh yes, pictures...... lots of pictures, please. :D

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Marj: It is only a short 16-18 hour drive to my house. You are welcome to bring your family anytime.:rolleyes: The boys would have a great time.:) Two Sammy's might get confussing.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,362 Posts
Cheryl - I am always up for a San Francisco get together or a half way point if that's more convenient.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Marj: It is only a short 16-18 hour drive to my house. You are welcome to bring your family anytime.:rolleyes: The boys would have a great time.:) Two Sammy's might get confussing.
"only" she says...... :rolleyes: LOL

Would be nice to see Nova Scotia again!

Thanks for the invite, Debbie, but dont' hold your breath!! LMBO :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have never been to Nova Scotia only made it as far as New Brunswick but it is on my wish list that and PEI ..
Hope you weather is getting better ..

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
I live in Southern cal but I go up north from time to time it would be fun to meet other havaneser's!!! OH and news here at my end my youngest daughter got married today HURAH !!!!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts