Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that don't know about it, there is a really neat site where you can showcase your Havanese. It is called The Havanese Gallery. All you need is your dog's registered name, a photo (which you can add later), and the registered name of both parents.

http://havanesegallery.hu/index_en.php

After you add your dog, feel free to come back and link to your Hav's page.

You will be given a code to write down after you enter your dog's information. Save this! The owner of the site has not been able to be contacted for a year or so and your code is the only way you can ever edit information in the database as far as anyone has been able to tell.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
thank you very much I will post more pictures once I get back from Hawaii or maybe some more today if I get some time away from packing ugh the only job I really hate. LOL I think I got all 9 generations now I can see what some of yoda family members look like Hurah

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Your welcome yea you will if you put in your inforamtion and it will auto maticlly put in some of your line that you have with your dog its really neat

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
OK I have a question how can I post yoda information link on the page where I dont have to do it all the time I have notice some people have it there all the time do you click on quotes

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Is there a way to just have his name that stays with my post where people can click on just the Yoda name like you did kimberly and it takes you right to the web page?

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's right - the only requirement for being on the site is that the dog is a Havanese. :)

If you spell the names of both parents correctly, it is very likely the whole pedigree will show up. It is best to pull the names straight from your AKC papers to verify the spelling.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Neat site, and glad to see Kimberly post about it. Few things about it, for those not familiar:

You don't have to sign up to just browse here and look at pedigree lines and all the photos.
Website is Hungarian but seems fast. Lots of European dogs; but US & Canada too, etc.
Button at upper right for Pedigree of a listing, and Offspring when available.
Search window at top locates any part of a dog name, or breeder name, real quickly.
Every pedigree dog listed is linked clickable names to then show pedigree or offspring.
Default I think is 5 generations pedigree but can click on 9 generations.
It has about 13,000 Havanese with 2,000 photos!
It may not be perfect in linking all dogs if any spelling errors by whomever posted. As Kimberly mentioned. Must have exact spelling. That also means, if doing a search, can try slightly diff spellings.

Pretty neat. My Minka has some lines going back 9 generations, including back to the "First female Havanese in Europe".

Neat to see when I clicked on a recent dog that is from this Forum, Yoda, just as an example, I see 3 or 4 pedigree dogs that are my Minka's also; so they're related. Or Kimberly's dogs, that posted this thread, there's one Hungarian dog related in there -- A Maiden Effort's Ungaro.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kimberly
Thanks for posting this website. I have been using it for some time now in researching Kodi's lineage. And now, Shelby's. It is so fun to see pics of your puppie's parents and grandparents. I didn't realize that anyone could post to the site. I just thought it was for Champions. Duh!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts